Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many pins do you use on your bow sight?Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 15 and 30

Comment

I use five, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50. I am consistantly inside a 6" circle at 50 by the time the season starts. I take a break from January 2nd till April then start shooting again, 25 shots a session.

Comment

I use 3 pins 15, 25, 35.

Comment

3 pins, 10, 20, 30 yards

Comment

2 pins 20 and 40 yards. I started with more but found that is was too many I can confidently make a shot on a deer out to 40 yards which is my comforatable limit.

Comment

3 pins, 30, 40 & 50 yard, the 30 yard is only ¾ inch from the 50 and I can guesstimate 60 accurately. Bow is a HCA 4 Runner, 28 inch Gold Tip behind a 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy launched at 310 fps and 50 yards I can shoot a palm size group. The 30 yard pin is dead on for tree stand shots!

Comment

CPT BRAD, need to get that bow tuned! Guy my Bow Tech at Mossy Point Outfitters & Supplies, 240 Cloverleaf Plz, Van Buren, AR 72956 (479) 474-5254 does all my work.

A properly tuned and equipped bow makes all the difference in the world, NO JOKE!

Comment

3 pins, 15 25 and 35, when i shot 3d i used 5 15 20 25 30 35 but for hunting that just covers too much of the target, and a deer doesn't have a 10 ring.

Comment

5 pins, 10,20,30,40,50. Out in the west, you need to shoot 40 sometimes (open country, think pronghorn). The 50 yard pin is for $h*ts and giggles.

Comment

Five- 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 yds. I can't shoot well past 30 yards.

Comment

3 - 20, 30, & 40 yards

Comment

3. 10, 20 , 30 yards

Comment

3 sights - 20, 30, & 40

Comment

1 pin........I got the new centurion from sword acusite its the best ive ever used

Comment

I have 5 pins. 10,20,30,40 and 50. You just never know when you'll need to take a shot at 50 because if a trophy buck decides to turn around or take a different route and you have a clear shot from 50+, you better believe I'm taking the opportunity.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad