Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have good directions or plans to make a home made bow stringer? I have a new youth recurve bow that I would like to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have good directions or plans to make a home made bow stringer? I have a new youth recurve bow that I would like to

Does anyone have good directions or plans to make a home made bow stringer? I have a new youth recurve bow that I would like to use this on.

What kind of recurve you got?????

Comment

From the info that I've seen it would be simply faster and cheaper to have one made at your local archery shop. If you are really interested, there are a few videos on www.youtube.com that show the process which can be more helpful than trying to simply follow written directions. Hope this helps.

Comment

This ones easy. Get a piece of 1" webbing about a foot and a half longer than your bow tip to tip. Take a big needle and some heavy thread then stitch a triangular pocket in one end just big enough to capture a bow tip. Then stitch a loop in the other end just wide enough to slip a limb into and slide it down below the nock. To string your bow Put one loop of the bowstring on a tip and slip the triangular pocket on over it. Snake the other bowstring loop inside the big loop on the stringer (on the bow). You should be able to easily tension the bow by putting your foot on the bowstringer strap. Next tug the unsecured bowstring with your free hand and slip it on the other bow tip. then carefully detension the bow, being certain that the bowstring is square on the tips. Then remove the bowstringer and go shoot. Total cost, next to nuthin or a buck or so. This bowstringer minimizes the risk of twisting the bow limbs (like you might do accidentally using the step through method of bow stringing).

Comment

I agreed with Bella answer!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad