• Show
Clear All

• Turkey gun.

Turkey with a Win M12 16 gauge
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1075.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	796093 Fall bird. I was doing some preseason deer scouting when I discovered where this flock of birds was crossing a creek about 11AM.
    I set up an ambush and got there at 10AM.
    Sure enough, 11AM sharp, they showed up on the far bank. They crossed the creek in singles, 2's and 3's.
    When they began to drift off, they came right by my ambush!
    BIG mistake! LOL!

The perfect repeater. 16 gauge Winchester Model 12s are sweet guns. 16 gauge steel shot is pitiful. Winchester Mark Five 5s, 1 1/8 oz lead is a deadly duck downer.

Comment

lab12,
      In 1988, a buddy bought a chest of drawers at a yard sale.
      He found a butt load of 16 gauge ammo in one of the drawers, would I like it?
      "Of course!"

The next day he brings me a small, bathroom sized trash can with probably (+/-) 4 boxes of 16 gauge ammo. It was about half and half field load #8s and some Remington, Hi-Velocity, Hi-Brass #7.5's.

Comment

The bird in the picture was shot with one of the Visitor Messages rounds.

(Crazy! The site WILL NOT allow me to edit out "Visitor Messages"! It should read "#7.5" instead!)

So....literally, I killed that bird with 30+ year old ammo I dug out of a garbage can! 😉
        Last edited by FirstBubba; 04-21-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Cheap skate.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
            Cheap skate.
            Yes sir! That's me! Why waste perfectly good ammo! LOL! 😉

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad