• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Danbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Danbo
    replied
    Goose hunting has been excellent this year he should have fun.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Don't forget he needs to get a HIP number.
    Thanks, he did that first. We always register before grouse season opens since woodcock are always around. He remembered before I did.

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Danbo
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Without me ☹️

Buddy of his invited him last weekend if he could come up with his own ammo, we couldn’t track any down so he missed out. I was out of town today and had the opportunity to check out a small gun shop, turns out they had a good supply of 3” BB loads. Picked up one box and texted him. He got in touch with his friend and it’s game on for him this Saturday.

His buddy is excited, he got permission on a fresh cut cornfield that was full of birds yesterday. Farmers haven’t really started chopping yet so this field should be hot. His gang killed 70 birds last weekend at another location so these guys know what they’re doing. Swapped out the turkey barrel on my 835 for a 28” bird barrel I picked up years ago and have never used. Pulled the red dot off, plugged the mag tube and stuck a modified choke in. He’s taking the wrench and a full tube with him just in case. The guys have an extra layout blind for him so he should be all set.

I’m excited and don’t even get to go.

Almost forgot, he went online and picked up his duck stamp after dinner. Can’t go without that.
    1-Don't forget he needs to get a HIP number. (Simple phone call)

2- If all other waterfowl seasons are closed you don't need to plug the gun.
    Danbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Last edited by Danbo; 09-16-2021, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• FirstBubba
    replied
    OH BOY!!!!!

We can always count on you for some excitement, fitch270!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• fitch270
    started a topic Kid’s going goose hunting

Kid’s going goose hunting

Without me ☹️

Buddy of his invited him last weekend if he could come up with his own ammo, we couldn’t track any down so he missed out. I was out of town today and had the opportunity to check out a small gun shop, turns out they had a good supply of 3” BB loads. Picked up one box and texted him. He got in touch with his friend and it’s game on for him this Saturday.

His buddy is excited, he got permission on a fresh cut cornfield that was full of birds yesterday. Farmers haven’t really started chopping yet so this field should be hot. His gang killed 70 birds last weekend at another location so these guys know what they’re doing. Swapped out the turkey barrel on my 835 for a 28” bird barrel I picked up years ago and have never used. Pulled the red dot off, plugged the mag tube and stuck a modified choke in. He’s taking the wrench and a full tube with him just in case. The guys have an extra layout blind for him so he should be all set.

I’m excited and don’t even get to go.

Almost forgot, he went online and picked up his duck stamp after dinner. Can’t go without that.
    fitch270
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Last edited by fitch270; 09-16-2021, 08:23 PM.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad