Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to cook a pheasant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to cook a pheasant?

What is the best way to cook a pheasant?

try a beer can roast

Comment

Rub it with a heavy dose of Cavenders(yellow can) and wrap it in tin foil. Smoke it at medium heat, until the internal temp is 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove foil and continue smoking until temp reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. If it begins to dry out after removing foil, lightly baste with extra virgin olive oil.

Enjoy

Comment

You can also find good recipes @ hunterskitchen.com

Comment

if you have a smoker just smoke it for a while

Comment

Cut it into strips and cook it with some cream of mushroom soup. Delish.

Comment

Have my uncle grill it. It's like candy. I think he marinades it overnight. Teriake, citrus, or brine seem like good starters. This is a dry meat from a more athletic critter than a chicken.

Comment

Smoked is my favorite way.

Comment

Smoking the meat is really tasty. I do it for a lot of meat, especially bird.

Comment

I like to de-bone and use the meat in soup, my wifes turkey noodle recipe works well, especially for old birds. Also, the deboning process gives you another chance to remove shot.

Comment

chicken fry them breasts baby

Comment

I have tried several marinade recipes and have had the best luck with McCormack's Baja Citrus. Sold in envelope pouches in most stores in the section where chili, gravy, etc. envelope mixes are located. Forget about the instructions stating you should only leave it in the marinade for 15 minutes. A couple of days is fine if it's kept cool and covered. The longer it's in the marinade, the more tender and juicy the finished product will be. Always make sure you put it to soak in glass or plastic bowl (NOT aluminum!). The meat should be just covered with marinade. I stretch plastic wrap over top of bowl and seal it with one of my daughter's head bands. Bone the meat and slice each half breast into two or three strips lengthways before putting it to soak. You can broil it in the oven and it's good but barbecued it's fantastic!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad