No announcement yet.

Turkeys didn’t get the social distancing memo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaks my heart I can't be there to hunt them with you. Again. Last year Opal's illness got in the way. This year it's the world's illness.

I put in for Montana "come home to hunt" elk/deer package. Who knows if it will even be possible to travel by hunting season. If not the money is for a good cause. I'm sure Fish, Wildlife, and Parks will be hurting for funds this year. The elk/deer combos usually go to genuine draw while there has never been enough applicants for deer only package to fill the quota. If I don't draw the elk combo I can pick up surplus deer only combo over the counter when I return. This will be the first time hunting elk since 1987.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

You still, evidently, dont understand the why or what makes you an anal sphincter muscle.....no surprise there!😉
      I strongly suggest you stop looking in a mirror when you are typing ..... Of course your bad habits are hard to break 😋

Comment

Originally posted by springerman3 View Post

I strongly suggest you stop looking in a mirror when you are typing ..... Of course your bad habits are hard to break 😋
        So, rather than be thought an anal sphincter, you get on a computer keyboard and publically remove all doubt!
        Smooth move ExLax!😂

Comment

fitch270,
          went to look at church lady's property.
          It's mostly wide screaming open but it was too wet to do much but stare out across the pasture.
          She drove up on her "Mule" to tell me I was at the wrong fence corner, i had to go on down to the next corner!
          OH!
          Much better!
          Still not ideal, but better.
          While we were talking, her neighbor drove up.
          Before long, he gave me permission to turkey hunt HIS place across the creek!
          Then church lady told me she had a pecan grove that I could also hunt, but it was too wet to go back to it.

Comment

fitch270,
            went to look at church lady's property.
            It's mostly wide screaming open but it was too wet to do much but stare out across the pasture.
            She drove up on her "Mule" to tell me I was at the wrong fence corner, i had to go on down to the next corner!
            OH!
            Much better!
            Still not ideal, but better.
            While we were talking, her neighbor drove up.
            Before long, he gave me permission to turkey hunt HIS place across the creek!
            Then church lady told me she had a pecan grove that I could also hunt, but it was too wet to go back to it.
            Neighbor's place more of the same or didn't you get a look? At least you have a few options if it dries out. With tree cover and pasture it seems like there should be birds around. With it being wet they should be working bugs and worms somewhat.

Keep me posted!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Neighbor's place more of the same or didn't you get a look? At least you have a few options if it dries out. With tree cover and pasture it seems like there should be birds around. With it being wet they should be working bugs and worms somewhat.

Keep me posted!
              Actually, the neighbors place looks better.
              I've got to mount a "daylight expedition". Neighbor says roost used to be just across road, but no longer.

Comment

Week and a half yet to go.
                If no hotels open due to continued lock down, it's a 3 hr drive in the jeep to hunt 5 hrs and come back. Ugh.

Tick infested area. Will permethrin clothes and Deep Woods Off skin............but that mandates a shower right after hunting. I aint sleepin in the Jeep bein all grubby and not doing a tick check.

Nope.

Drove by gov ground 45 mins away. Small, don't need drawn (so will be lots of people in there).
                Could hunt 5 mins from house, killed a couple there yrs ago. But it offers one setup only.

Comment

So, rather than be thought an anal sphincter, you get on a computer keyboard and publically remove all doubt!
                  Smooth move ExLax!😂
                  Ok there scarecrow 😏

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad