Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best 3.5 inch load for geese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best 3.5 inch load for geese?

What is the best 3.5 inch load for geese?

It depends on the range, if using steel I would go with #2 or BB if you think your shots are going to be 60 to 70 yards or if you are shooting snows get a box of Kent Matrix in a 2oz load of #3s or #1s. Stuff is great use with a full or improved modified the honkers wont know what hit them. Good luck

Comment

Try Federal.

Comment

You asked for the best well the best is very expensive. It's without a doubt high-density shot loads in #2 or BB kills like lightning. There are several brands WW, Federal and Remington com to mind. Otherwise Kent fasteel in BB or BBB is good. My Benelli SBE has a Patternmaster choke tube on it for waterfowl.

Comment

I have been using Remington BBB, and another guy told me to use T shot

Comment

Remmington BBB

Comment

Ditto IDduckhntr, the Kent shells are great!

Comment

If you are pass shooting and your range is a little longer, 50-60 yards, I would use nothing smaller than BB. However, if you can decoy the birds and they are landing at your feet go with #2. Out of my Benelli, I will use Federal Black Cloud 3.5in BB for pass shooting and Winchester Supreme HV #2 when I am hunting over decoys. I have found that these two loads pattern the best out of my Briley IM choke for their respected situations.

Comment

It's only pass shotting.

Comment

My SBE's shoot Rem or Fed BBs on the river where shots tend to be rather close and usually Ts in the fields as these shots can be a little longer. All are steel through modified tube.

Comment

Try Federal 1 3/8 oz BB! They come out at 1550fps and its in a blue box. i have witness them to be deadly on late season honkers out to 70 yards out of a patternmaster! I will often use Federal 1 1/2 oz BBB for my thrid shot. Again deadly at extreme ranges!

Another shell to look at is Winchester 1 1/4 oz BB at 1625fps.. this is my early season third shell following 3 1/2" #2s...sometime even shoot 1 1/8 4s at honkers in early season.

Federal Blackcloud 2s, BB, and BBB are a great load... but not out of a ported patternmaster.... it will ruin your tube quickly!!! unless you invest in the unported tube..

something to think about

Comment

hevi shot dead coyote T shot massive energy out to 70 yards with 54 pellets traveling at 1350fps

Comment

it depends on the gun,choke

Comment

Agreed with idduckhntr answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad