Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was reading a blog by Chad Love bemoaning the use of technology. In the blog he made this back-handed comment about Karl Rove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was reading a blog by Chad Love bemoaning the use of technology. In the blog he made this back-handed comment about Karl Rove

I was reading a blog by Chad Love bemoaning the use of technology. In the blog he made this back-handed comment about Karl Rove quail hunting: "I'd bet my worn-out game vest that shotgun of his has never killed a public-land commoner's quail, but at least he'd nail the word-count limit on his stories." My question is what is the best state to kill public-lands commoners quail? Does your state have very many quail on public-lands?

I can count on one hand the number of quail on Ohio's public land.

Comment

Nada, zilch. It's tough to find quail on private land unless the property owner must make an effort to leave cover, and that's tough for the modern day farmer to do.

Comment

In Wisconsin we have a season and bag limit for bobs but i have never seen one on public land.

Comment

Bad weather the last 2 years have made quail as scarce as Unicorns in Kansas. A farmer I know told me last week he used to have at least 10 coveys on his place. Last fall he flushed exactly 1 covey all season long and did not shoot inorder to leave them for seed.

Comment

Texas has ample quail hunting opportunities on public land, although I have my own private stomping grounds I prefer. SEMPER FI!

Comment

Texas and Oklahoma

Comment

I would say Texas or Oklahoma. It helps the population when hunters dont chase a covey down until every last bird is dead.

Comment

Backhanded indeed!!!!

Comment

I would take it farther than that. I would bet that his boots (if he has any) have never been off the sidewalk, and that he has not been hunting since he got out of high school. I have never seen quail as highly concentrated as in Arizona. I don't think they have any here in WA.

Comment

Definitely Texas!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad