No announcement yet.

How's your season starting out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My early honker opener was pretty uneventful. It is tough to pattern these resident geese when there are so many fields in the process of harvest. We didn’t get any shots but the dogs had a good time. My son got 2 geese later in the week but 2 geese in 6 days of hunting is nothing to rave about. Closed now until October 13 General Season. Happy Trails

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Our dove season has started but I don't participate because of not being able to hit anything flying. Squirrel season starts Monday and I plan on devoting the day to scouting the hunting lease. Probably will tote a single shot 12 gauge for bushy tails and snakes. Or will just carry a .22 handgun. Will also have my favorite machete for blazing trails and cutting shooting lanes.
      Terrible practice advice there Honk.....it is not the looking at the gun but they focus on the bead (i.e. aiming)
      PH: you want wing shooting advice, ask Phil. He is a "way better" coach ?

Comment

When the shooter "aims" the shotgun he is looking at the bead (i.e. "the gun"). Thought that was clear enough. Guess not. We don't have a difference of opinion ... just different terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          Happy to read this OHH, except for the bit about Ellie. My younger Brit won’t work the real thick stuff like her mom will, but I can’t hardly blame her.
          Squirrel season is opehere, and our resident geese as well, but we don’t go after either. I don’t like bumping deer off the hill before the Oct 1’st bow opener, and the boy gets to hunt the youth firearms season on Columbus Day weekend this year so we’ll probably limit the amount of bow time that fist week as well.

I hear goose sausage is very good. I should probably do something about that

Very buggy and humid out there today. No wind at all. By the time I finally got home every inch of my clothes were drenched with sweat or muck. Glad I had water in the rig. Drank almost a full gallon. A country store with a pop cooler was just down the road a half mile. I was an awful stinking mess but I went in anyway. Aaaaah! Ginger ale sure hit the spot! A dairy farmer I know was also there fresh from spreading manure in the fields (he was picking up UPS package). Looking at (and smelling) him I didn't feel so jiofi.local.html bad!
          Last edited by DARKIYAT; 09-25-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad