Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The black angus cattle just showed up in the background, of the Iowa Bald Eagles nest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The black angus cattle just showed up in the background, of the Iowa Bald Eagles nest.

If you read the comments below the Bald Eagle link, all the users are panicking because the female been hunting for a long time.
    Here is my question. Can one Bald Eagle parent take care of the babies by himself?

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/decorah-eagles-north-nest

All I saw were the chicks in the nest. The nest looks better built than the one in D.C.. Maybe that is why the chick got it's leg caught and had to be rescued. Since then, TFL has added more twigs to the area where it was caught in. I was surprised the Park Service was there so quickly and climbed up to the nest to get the chick. He also stuffed handfulls of leaves in the area where it got stuck.
    dceaglecam.org.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      All I saw were the chicks in the nest. The nest looks better built than the one in D.C.. Maybe that is why the chick got it's leg caught and had to be rescued. Since then, TFL has added more twigs to the area where it was caught in. I was surprised the Park Service was there so quickly and climbed up to the nest to get the chick. He also stuffed handfulls of leaves in the area where it got stuck.
      dceaglecam.org.
      Jim, Your post came in at 10:39pm. When it is dark the camera only shows the nest. I like the wide angle view during the day, when you can see the background. You see Eagles flying in and flying out. Pretty Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        dceaglecam.org.
        Who cares ? If an eagle chick dies will the world be a more terrible place ?
        The Iowa nest is less than 200 yards from the trout hatchery and a stocked trout stream, the adult eagle does not have to search long to bring a meal for them ........
        These birds are part of nature, some will die when they are young !
        I however was unaware the black angus cow could climb a tree to do harm to the eagles

Comment

I was surprised the Park Service was there so quickly and climbed up to the nest to get the chick. He also stuffed handfulls of leaves in the area where it got stuck.
          dceaglecam.org.

Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Comment

Originally posted by blankakali View Post
            I was surprised the Park Service was there so quickly and climbed up to the nest to get the chick. He also stuffed handfulls of leaves in the area where it got stuck.
            dceaglecam.org.

Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox
            Hey dinkwad, go see if your mother wants you for something, maybe to get her hind leg out of a bear trap. Only a POS would need to copy another user’s post !!!

Comment

To BHR πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

Originally posted by springerman3 View Post
                To BHR πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»
                Where in hell do these A..holes come from anyway ? And what do they get out of being complete idiots, other than finding something they excel at ??

Comment

He also stuffed handfulls of my ip birthday wishes tneb leaves in the area where it got stuck.
                  Last edited by OPTIMISTA; 01-10-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OPTIMISTA View Post
                    He also stuffed handfulls of leaves in the area where it got stuck.
                    Do you enjoy being a POS, or is that the only attention you are able to obtain ? Go get your mother, she is out in the road again barking at cars !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad