Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My waterfowl amigos. I almost exclusively use Black Cloud no.2s for waterfowl hunting, except for early teal no4s, we have the opportunity to shoot everything from teal to giant canadas in the same day. The no.2s have suited me well on all these. Ont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My waterfowl amigos. I almost exclusively use Black Cloud no.2s for waterfowl hunting, except for early teal no4s, we have the opportunity to shoot everything from teal to giant canadas in the same day. The no.2s have suited me well on all these. Ont

My waterfowl amigos. I almost exclusively use Black Cloud no.2s for waterfowl hunting, except for early teal no4s, we have the opportunity to shoot everything from teal to giant canadas in the same day. The no.2s have suited me well on all these. Ontario and anyone else what is your opinion. I'm not likely to change because I'm hard headed and ornery, lol, but would value differing opinions. I will say the 2s will bust up a teal if it's to close. On the other hand the 2s do a great job on the geese. Also I just don't feel like with having a bunch of different size shot to keep straight. Too much thinking with that. Anyway in my long-windedness, what's y'alls opinion?

I'm not a duck hunter but I simplified things for small game. I use #4 lead for squirrels and turkeys. And that's it. I know it's overkill for squirrels but I can knockem down a long ways off with my set up. I agree with keeping things simple. That's why I have only used one weight rifle bullet per rifle for years. Simple seems to be more enjoyable. I hunt I want to enjoy it not worry myself to death with details.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
      I'm not a duck hunter but I simplified things for small game. I use #4 lead for squirrels and turkeys. And that's it. I know it's overkill for squirrels but I can knockem down a long ways off with my set up. I agree with keeping things simple. That's why I have only used one weight rifle bullet per rifle for years. Simple seems to be more enjoyable. I hunt I want to enjoy it not worry myself to death with details.
      Pattern density kills, not shot size.

Comment

Hey amigo!
        I dropped out of the waterfowling world when lead was outlawed...ergo, I don't hunt them!
        I'm not hardheaded or ornery! I have OFS! "Old Fart Syndrome"!
        "Been doin' it that way for 40 year! Don't see no sense in changin' now!"

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          Hey amigo!
          I dropped out of the waterfowling world when lead was outlawed...ergo, I don't hunt them!
          I'm STILL not convinced the lead ban wasn't "contrived" by anti- hunters/gunners!

Comment

I have a buddy that took simplification to the max and he shoot 2-3/4'' Blindside #3 exclusively. from rabbit to geese that is all I have seen him use for 3 years now.

I think as long as the shot shell choice is legal, ethical and the hunter is confident in it, it does not really matter on the actual numbers.

Comment

Well to some degree you are right but a heavier projectile does carry more energy hence more penetration. And another factor was my wife's uncle who used to hunt with all the time was giving me shotgun shells and all he loaded was #4 so free shells and what ever I shoot at always seems to fall so why switch. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

Milldawg: save your breath he does not understand physics

Comment

GERG: Sounds like you and amigos have mastered the art of taking good shots and being confident in your abilities. Don't change a thing

Comment

Hey amigo!
                    This from the guy that still hunted with lead for a year after the ban, we are extremely impressed .... NOT

Comment

Well the answer I think is two fold. Without a good pattern energy is worthless. But all the pattern in the world ain't worth much if you can't get to vital organs.

Comment

Hey amigo!
                        This, from a man, nay bOY, who is totally convinced that Climate Change can be caused by man!
                        Impressed?
                        Only in your own mind!
                        I ask but one question:
                        How does increased carbon dioxide cause the temperature to rise?

Comment

ROTFLMAO!
                          If it ain't Perfeser Springerman!
                          Still teaching them that fisiks clashes?
                          Bet your really learnin' them kids reel gud!

Comment

Hey amigo!
                            I as well suffer from OFS and CRS, cant remember s*&t. lol

Comment

Originally posted by springerman3 View Post
                              GERG: Sounds like you and amigos have mastered the art of taking good shots and being confident in your abilities. Don't change a thing
                              Thanks springerman3, I tend to find something that works and stick to it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad