Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought you might want to see a current image of the now famous goose killer of Ontario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you might want to see a current image of the now famous goose killer of Ontario.

Thought you might want to see a current image of the now famous goose killer of Ontario.

Remington 870 Wingmaster circa 1968. Black plastic replaced the second cracked walnut butt stock about ten years ago. I've had an about average season with it this year. If I told you how many geese I have shot so far, you might soil yourself. Took sixty pounds of boned breast and thigh meat in for sausage yesterday. And you guys wonder why I don't hunt deer any more. What would I do with it?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
      Remington 870 Wingmaster circa 1968. Black plastic replaced the second cracked walnut butt stock about ten years ago. I've had an about average season with it this year. If I told you how many geese I have shot so far, you might soil yourself. Took sixty pounds of boned breast and thigh meat in for sausage yesterday. And you guys wonder why I don't hunt deer any more. What would I do with it?
      Oh the goose-manity. Won't someone please think of the Children?

Comment

That 870 loses much more bluing you're going to have a hard time hiding it from the geese. Last I asked you only had one shell hang up, still running smoother?

Comment

Hey OHH I've been telling you to save up for a goose gumbo then invite us all over. Ill bring the sweet potatoes and someone else can bring the potato salad. Man, but seriously, I'm so happy for you though. Keep on putting those blue holes in the black clouds. You are an inspiration to us (in case you didnt know that already).

Comment

Nice picture OHH. Glad to see your having such a great year.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              That 870 loses much more bluing you're going to have a hard time hiding it from the geese. Last I asked you only had one shell hang up, still running smoother?
              I had a shell hang up again yesterday evening and it cost me at least one goose in a cloud of about fifty sailing in overhead to my decoys. But I really shouldn't have missed the first shot. If I missed it. This last box of FastSteel hasn't seemed to have performed very well ... or my shooting has suddenly and inexplicably gone in the crapper. Bought some Super-X last night and I didn't do as badly today but still not great. Fine with me as I really didn't want more than two. Ended up with four including one double. However, I am ashamed to admit I emptied my gun into a nice bunch sliding by from the left into decoys and never dropped a thing. Easy shots. That was humiliating. Oh well, another bigger bunch was already on the way in undeterred by the shooting and I took the double from them. Never had a good chance at a triple today as a rare east wind came up from my back after I set the deeks out. Consequently everything came in and circled over the field on the other side of decoys which were set about fifty yards out - the geese are beginning to get shy of the hedgerows. I didn't have a shot under forty yards (maybe 45 yards). It was fun. Perhaps two hundred geese came into my set in various waves. But few would actually land or circle close enough for a shot (thanks to wind). Still had lots of action. Beats sitting in a tree stand! ;-) Not a lost bird yet this year ... though came close today when one of the double almost gave us the slip. Finally popped its head up a hundred yards away almost to the busy highway. The two Labs had fun running it down. Thought for a moment it would get airborne again. A fine blind retrieve on Opal's part. She rarely gets an opportunity for those.

Comment

Yes, it's tough staying hidden with that gun. A lot of shiny metal.

Comment

Good Job Honker....I love me some Goose liver foie gras with truffles,that's "almost" as good as(Doe) Back Strap.

Comment

As long as Honker and his Wing Master live the days of the meat hunter will flourish.

Comment

*sigh* I moved a couple of years ago and my waterfowl hunting is gone now. Very jealous of you LOL

[I had to give up my 'spot' in the duck marsh to someone else]

Comment

You can get some Rusteloum, Flat Black for $4.00 and give it a paint job.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad