Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have tried for field testing. How many of you have succeeded. How many times have you been selected. How many of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ford F350 pickup I got was the right color, but the upholstery was fabric and I wanted leather.
    I told them to shove it.

Comment

Seriously what have you received and or tested?
      Seth

Comment

One of mine is a hunter but she's a little old for you, she'll be 20 this spring, and the other one is closer (she's 16) but she doesn't go much for the outdoors. She's a bookworm. Sorry, wish I could help more.

Comment

That's fine I'm a book worm but stick to the Bible and anything hunting or fishing. Are you new to this sight? I don't remember seeing you before.
          Seth

Comment

Yeah, they finally got to me, despite mah best efforts.

Ah went by the house the other day to see how it wuz doin from all the pressure exerted on the walls from the gear stored inside and spied something taped to the front door.

Turned out to be a ticket to a gunshow at the Portland Expo, which is as large as a blimp hangar.

Ah went right over and there wuz nobuddy there.

Figgered Ah wuz early, so Ah went inside and heard the door slam behind me.

Evvathang on the 800 tables wuz mine, like it or not, and they wuz gonna charge me $1,000 rent unless Ah got it all out by dark.

There wuz European Weatherbys and Charles Dalys and Holland&Hollands and Krieghoffs and PETA Pumps and little blue hardon pills and inflatable artificial human legs, etc.

It's gonna take 10 years just to clean all the firearms one time!

Comment

No, not new, just have so many issues with the site that I don't usually post here. I think they need to upgrade their servers or something.

Comment

I heard OH is a web site tester for F&S and a product development and marketing researcher for Cabela's.

Comment

Seth, If my old failing memory is correct, you have been here on this site with us for about 17 or 18 months. By now you should have read the standard answers everyone gives about being a F&S field tester. Yes it has happened to a few people in the past and can still happen to anyone here now. Yet the odds of it happening to anyone are very slim in this current economy. The real treasure you get from this site is the knowledge and experience of the people here, all for FREE. So just read and enjoy while picking up knowledge from others, here a little, and there a little.

Comment

You will probably never be selected as a "field tester" by F&S. Not sure they even (or ever did) do that. However, feel free to test any product you desire and let us know how it works. We all enjoy getting feedback on products we are likely to want.

Comment

Actually SANTA I have been on here for 3 years now. But I'm sorry I don't recall any posts about field testing I may have missed it. Today I received my first testing product a brand new Ford F350 and I don't even have my License yet.

Comment

Actually SANTA I have been on here for 3 years now. But I'm sorry I don't recall any posts about field testing I may have missed it. Today I received my first testing product a brand new Ford F350 and I don't even have my License yet.

Comment

Sorry Seth, I stand corrected, like I said my memory is not perfect anymore. I just thought that I remembered you made a post about a year and a half ago stating you lived in Lowell, MA and bow fished. Since I also bow fish it just stuck in my mind for some reason. As to being a field tester, I worked for a fishing tackle company back in the 70's and was paid to bass fish and test equipment, so been there and done it already. Now I personally have no desire to be a FREE field tester for F&S. I did get a book sent to me once from F&S called "THE TOTAL OUTDOORSMAN MANUAL" so F&S does send out some "stuff". One reason the field testing thing does not work well here is that most of us on this site like our anonymity and after you test something and write up a honest evaluation of the product, your report becomes public so you loose that anonymity. Another reason is that in this current economy, a lot of manufactures have had to tighten up their budgets and there is not a lot of room left for free testing samples with a minimal advertising return. So like DokatoMan said, when the urge hits you to test a product, rush out and buy it, test it, and then give us your product revue here. We will all be glad to listen to your opinions of the product and it might be a big determining factor whether-or-not some us will purchase the same product.

Comment

How has the bow fishing been going Santa? I got the
                            AMS setup and later sold it and bought the St. Croix Mojo Bass rod and the AbuGarcia Revo S reel. Both very nice. I am soon going to purchase the Hoyt Buffalo Recurve bow, can mount a setup on there? See I live next to a city and there are allot of Carp but I don't think I can shoot them because they are within the limits of how far I have to be from houses and roads. That's why I returned my setup. Do you trap? I've heard of people using the carp they get for trapping coons.
                            Seth

Comment

Sorry it takes me so long to answer sometimes Seth. I had a stroke a few years back and now my family does not let me bow fish by myself so I only get to go with my son-in-law when he goes. But when I do go, I mostly use a wooden Wing recurve bow. For a reel, I use a piece of a plastic five gallon bucket clamped to the limbs of the bow in the "Cajun Shoot Through Reel" style. Click on my name to see pictures from the early eighties of me cleaning a carp. Note: when shooting the carp, never hit the gut. If you do, throw the fish away. When cleaning the carp, never open up the gut. If you do by accident, throw the fish away. And finally, cut off only the loins making sure to remove every trace of the dark vein meat from the saved loins. If any of the dark meat is left on the loins, it will give the rest of the meat a nasty strong taste.

Comment

I take it that you eat the fish?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad