Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys, I'm looking into buying an "all-purpose" shotgun again. Been looking real hard at a Remington 11-87 in synthetic black. So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I'm looking into buying an "all-purpose" shotgun again. Been looking real hard at a Remington 11-87 in synthetic black. So

Guys, I'm looking into buying an "all-purpose" shotgun again. Been looking real hard at a Remington 11-87 in synthetic black. Something I can waterfowl, carry in the truck nearly 100% of the year, etc. Anyone out there want to throw out an argument for a gun in the same price range or cheaper that could convince me to go a different direction??

well for the money, I think that the 11-87 is an excellent shotgun. it is affordable, reliable, and isn't too heavy. the 11-87 has always worked for me and I don't see why you would need to shell out more for a shotgun considering what you are gonna use it for.

Comment

I would carry a less expensive gun in the truck all the time just in case it gets stolen. Maybe a pump action in synthetic - Mossberg, NEF or others in that price range.

Comment

I don't know the WT. of the 11-87, but expect it is far heavier than I want to carry afield. And when you say "all-around" I am assuming you do upland bird hunt. I would go with a lighter pump, OR, they are making some very functional, inex. for an auto, lt. wt. 12 ga. autos. (ie) the Franchi, the Weatherby in camo weighs but 6.5 lbs, and for less than $800. And it has less perceived recoil than the pump.

Comment

You guys make me feel like Smith Barney...when Dangle speaks folks quit talking, and just listen. Go ahead, and talk, I don't deserve all of that respect.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad