Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the duck report? I noticed it wasn't being updated this year, and now it's not even listed as an option under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the duck report? I noticed it wasn't being updated this year, and now it's not even listed as an option under

What happened to the duck report? I noticed it wasn't being updated this year, and now it's not even listed as an option under hunting.

Not many duck hunters here.

Mebbe 5 or 6.

This is usually fairly reliable...

www.ducks.org/hunting/migration/2013-waterfowl-forecast?poe=hometxt

Comment

I have never seen so many ducks here before! Usually don't bother with them and only hunt geese. Took another limit today, all mallards but one nice gadwall drake. That's the third limit in a week and I'm not really hunting them. This evening after my daily bag was full I must have had a thousand sitting in my goose decoys. Get ready for an incredible bumper crop down there! Geese, on the other hand, seem to be so so. I have seen many years when there were more birds. Only two small bunches of snows flew by two days ago. Ten years ago the sky would have been full of them by now. Seems they're shifting snows are shifting their migration route.

Comment

Hey there OH, don't pass up a chance to shoot some wood ducks. They are a kind of small (bigger than teal though), but they are the tastiest ducks you'll ever have. I know they don't stick around up north for long, so they may be gone.

Comment

Ducks are holding off their migration due to the govt shutdown, and they are now getting a chance to experience what sitting on one's arse, and doing nothing feels like.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
            by jhjimbo
            So sorry for your loss....
            Today, 10:40 AM
          • More Bad News....
            by WA Mtnhunter
            My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
            07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
          • Reply to More Bad News....
            by Amflyer
            Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
            Today, 10:26 AM
          • Reply to 16 Years
            by Ontario Honker Hunter
            "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
            Today, 09:38 AM
          • 16 Years
            by jhjimbo
            So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
            Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X