Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

today is the early goose opener and i jumped ponds this mourning however there was nothing there so tommorow mourning i was thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today is the early goose opener and i jumped ponds this mourning however there was nothing there so tommorow mourning i was thin

today is the early goose opener and i jumped ponds this mourning however there was nothing there so tommorow mourning i was thinking about hunting a field. do you guys think this is a waste of time?

Hunting and fishing is never a waste of time.

Comment

I don't know where you are but here is South Dakota it has been so warm there is not a lot around however it is never a waste of time to get out in the field you will always at least learn something and get the enjoyment out of it.

Comment

It is yo Quality Time.

Especially if ye gotta dawg.

Comment

if you have previously scouted the area and know geese are coming to the field its a good bet. if you havent seen geese on this field prior then you are wasting your time. in the early season you are hunting resident birds that are on a pattern. they pretty much roost on the same lakes and ponds and hit the same feed fields every day. they either are at your spots or not.

Comment

We have lots of geese passing over at a High Altitude, One would need anti aircraft Guns with Flack loads to hit them, they are flying North.

Comment

This is the time to find local geese and see where they are feeding. The best bet would be to set a few decoys in the field where they feed and hunt that. Last year my brothers set up a dozen decoys on a field about 1 mile from town and nailed about 40-50 honkers off the same field.

Comment

We have a 4 acre pond with a island in the middle and I see the local resident geese almost anywhere in the vicinity. It is between soy beans and corn and it seems I never see them in the same place twice. Get some camo and stake your area out and you may get lucky.
                We have also been seeing the Canadian's flying north.

Comment

The only waste of time during hunting season is watching the television except on Saturday afternoons for your favorite college games!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad