Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I've gotten into shotgun reloading for trap lately, but I can't find steel 4's or 3's for duck hunting. Where do you guys get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've gotten into shotgun reloading for trap lately, but I can't find steel 4's or 3's for duck hunting. Where do you guys get

So I've gotten into shotgun reloading for trap lately, but I can't find steel 4's or 3's for duck hunting. Where do you guys get your shot? Should I just buy cases of fiocchi for 108 bucks? They're just 3 inch shells, not magnums or anything. Depending on the price of shot it may be more cost effective for me to just buy them. All thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks

Reloading steel shot is tricky. Be careful with that. You'll need special loading bar and wads for one thing. I reload my lead pheasant loads and anything for target shooting but I buy steel shot shells over the counter.

Comment

Ontario Honker is dead on. Get some time in reloading lead then if you want to still try steel then look at Ballistic Products. They have everything you need from books to components. They also have other non-toxic shot available. You can't go wrong with factory Fiocchi loads.

Comment

@Panfry101..JMO~~In your case its cheaper to Buy Loaded Shot Shells in 3s or 4s, Then Reloading! Syfer your cost and Then Time @$10.00 Per/Hr all your off time spent.

Comment

It might be easier to but it somewhere else but it makes you feel better about being able to do it yourself. I buy all my steel shot from Ballistic Products, they have everything you will need to reload your shot shells including the correct wads that you need for the steel conversion, it is true that you will need a different shot bushing but to be able to use the shell you reloaded to take game makes it worth it. Happy Hunting

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad