Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do if a peta drone came to watch your dove/deer hunt? and is that even legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went coyote hunting with a drone the other day. The only thing the drone was capable of was keeping his firearm in a safe direction, but how he passed hunters safety is beyond me. He actually miss a running yote at 20 yards in the wide open, with buck shot... And he shot twice.

Comment

I can think of several things that they could be challenged on in lawsuits. Not sure any would stand up in court but it would be fun to try and break their bank accounts. If they publish pictures of you without permission wouldn't that be invasion of privacy? some of us are so ugly they could be sued by viewers for undue mental anguish.

Comment

If the drone footage goes back to the peta operator’s screen and they are taping your actions of shooting it down, I don’t think that is a good idea. You could be liable for damages.

I would get on my cell phone and call the state police and redress my complaint to them. It is hunter harassment and that is against the law. I would rather the peta person face the Honorable Judge in court then myself for the damage that I caused.

Comment

ozarkghost, that is incorrect. If it were true every movie star and famous person would file a lawsuit against the Paparazzi.

Comment

In Indiana the airspace above the property you own is also vested to your care to a certain altitude. If the peta drone is flying so low as to disturb me, it will be shot down over my Sovereign soil, and the owner of the aircraft will be liable for all damages on my property.

Comment

Good point about your private land.
              I was thinking more toward Federal and State owed public land. Would you take that risk and be at the mercy of the Honorable Judge? Two wrongs don't make a right. Let the State Police do their job. You may see the peta nut walking out in handcuffs heading to the back seat of a State Trooper’s patrol car.

Comment

correction, would you take that risk "on public land" and be at the mercy....

Comment

Shoot it and have it mounted!

Comment

"I swear officer, I thought it was a dove"

Comment

probably a sequence similar to this would occur:
                      1.wink
                      2.smile
                      3.stick my tongue out
                      4. shoot animal
                      5.shoot drone
                      6.use massacred drone as a base for the mount of the animal i just shot
                      7.brag to my friends
                      8.brag some more

Comment

Gary Divine, I believe that movie stars and public persons are in a different category from private citizens, otherwise reality tv cop show producers would not have to blur out the faces of individuals who do not give their consent to be televised. Not a lawyer so if there is one out there please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

The military now has a drone the size of a mosquito that can hitch a ride on you into your home and watch and listen to everything inside. It can also inject you with a nano size radio frequency monitor.
                          Big brother big time.
                          A civilian type drone is available ready to go for about $450. Airplane, motor, controller, camera and screen all included.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad