Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What turkey decoys should I get? I am thinking about getting Cherokee sports inflatable decoys, but would blowing them up take t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What turkey decoys should I get? I am thinking about getting Cherokee sports inflatable decoys, but would blowing them up take t

What turkey decoys should I get? I am thinking about getting Cherokee sports inflatable decoys, but would blowing them up take too much time and make too much noise? Should I get rubber or foam? What brand and model?

i would get h.s. strut decoys their cheapest 1 is like $15. but it really is up to you and what you want. thanks, Daniel

Comment

Also, are Carry-Lite Decoys any good?

Comment

I like Cherokee Sports(Jack the Jake) W*M $15.88

Comment

I have one of the Cherokee Sports decoys and its very quiet and easy to set up. It's pretty realistic looking too.

Comment

I would not get inflateable decoys for fear of popping one with a pellet. I have found that the cheap foam ones work good.

Comment

i wouldnt fiddle with inflatables, you will b in lots of situations where you need to pull that decoy out fast and get set up. wont always have time to inflate it. most any decoy will work AS LONG AS IT LOOKS GOOD. that meaning you cant have a decoy with the sides pushed in and tears in it and the head on backwards or something. i think my decoys are made by redhead? they are rubber, and i can easily fold them up and put them in the pouch on the back of my vest. they look good and set up fast. also, a single hen decoy should suffice. i have a jake and hen decoy, but have very sparingly used the jake, i might use it 1/50 setups, or if i think a certain scenario calls for it.

Comment

carry-lite decoys are preety good to. thanks, Daniel

Comment

Do the Zink Avian-X decoys take much time, or make to much noise while blowing them up? They seem to look very realistic. How many breaths does it take to blow one up?

Comment

zink decoys are foldable not inflatable. they are very good decoys but are alot of money. i think it would be smarter to get h.s. or carry-lite decoys. thanks, Daniel

Comment

I have narrowed it down from ten brands. My final four are Cherokee Sports, Primos, HS Strut, and Carry-Lite. Which would be the very best?

Comment

h.s. srut or carry-lite which evers cheaper. me myself would lean to h.s. strut. thanks, Daniel

Comment

I use a Primos jake and hen combo, a little bulky but work very well for me.

Comment

I think I am going to go with Carry-Lite. They have better hens than Primos, and HS Strut does not have a strutting decoy.

Comment

The H.S. Strut decoys are the cheapest, best deal that I know of. They are good looking decoys, and don't usually have that much trouble regaining their shape. A jake and a hen should cost you somewhere around $30 in all.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
                                Today, 06:27 PM
                              • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
                                Today, 06:16 PM
                              • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
                                08-01-2020, 05:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X