No announcement yet.

what's a good cheap beginner duck call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a good cheap beginner duck call?

what's a good cheap beginner duck call?

Primos makes a good "beginner" set with call and tape/cd to listen to/practice to.
    Good luck and Good hunting.

Comment

I really like the RNT (Rich-N-Tone) Quackhead (the J frame) Its 25 bucks, sounds good, and was easy to learn on. The thing that helped me the most was just going down to a local park and just listening to all the birds and all the sounds they make. That's what I feel really gave me a good feel for what ducks really sound like. Good luck.

Comment

"AFLAC"

Comment

Go with a Faulks.

Comment

I absolutely agree with matouse3. I was in a duck blind and started calling and the guys turned and said "what call is that?" its got to be new cause you sound good. Thats when it became my favorite call. I love that its one of those calls that you dont have to sandpaper down.

Comment

Duck Commander is another good brand W/cd learning.
              Wal-Mart puts all this suff on sale after season.

Comment

Ditto to Big O... I started out on a Duck Commander Original and I still carry it with me. It's got a natural softness to it that has fooled many-a-mallard.

Also, consider joining Delta Waterfowl for $25 and they'll send you a $25 Buck Gardner call.
                http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/join/index.php

Comment

The Primos Wench (around $15.00) is a really good call. If you can afford $50.00, the Fusion Wench is a great beginner call - easy to blow.

Comment

THE DR85 IS A EASY CALL TO USE.AND IT WONT COST YOU AN ARM AN A LEG.

Comment

Faulk.

Comment

Agreed with matouse3 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Big O and dneaster3 hit the nail on the head. The calls found in www.duckcommander.com are very good AND durable. Two of them (Classic Commander and Triple Threat) come with tutorial CD's. Great stuff for beginners.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad