Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all, do any of you know of any good areas around Ft. Lewis to look for turkey? I'm finding it a little difficult to find a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, do any of you know of any good areas around Ft. Lewis to look for turkey? I'm finding it a little difficult to find a

Hey all, do any of you know of any good areas around Ft. Lewis to look for turkey? I'm finding it a little difficult to find a spot to start scouting, and all the research that I've tried to do is pointing me towards Eastern WA. Any help will be appreciated

Near Fort Lewis? I see them crossing the Tank Crossing all the time.

Comment

Hell that's news to me. Every person I've talked to didn't know anything about turkey hunting around here.

Comment

I was pulling your leg. Have you been on the Fort? I use to get a permit at the Fort to fish the Nisqually River for steelhead, and Salmon. That is one erieeee place! Tall old growth fur, and machine guns going off in the woods nearby as I floated the river. Squadrons of helicopters would fly close overhead flying the river channel. I'd come around a corner, and there'd be an Indian with a set net out netting steelhead, and salmon. Then I often went under the Tank Crossing. Ever been across the Tank Crossing?

Comment

I'm stationed here, so I'm used to all the birds flying around and MG fire. I've only been here for about 2 months though so I'm still in the process of finding hunting and fishing spots so any help you can offer will be very helpful.

Comment

There is definitely some wild country as you go East of you...McKinna, and the little burgs going east...wild country. There was always a lot of duck hunting in that Nisqually Delta, but could be mostly private now, I don't know. Turkeys were an Eastern, WA thing when I lived in the Seattle area. Then there is the Olympic Penninsula for steelhead, and Salmon. We use to go by the Fort to Olympia, then to the coast, and fish the Chehalis tribs, the Wynoochee River, and the Satsop, and a little farther to the Humptulips that we fished a lot, but those take time to learn. The Hump now gets a great run of huge Silver Salmon.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad