Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What choke tube should i use for early season teal and dove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What choke tube should i use for early season teal and dove?

What choke tube should i use for early season teal and dove?

I shoot an Improved Cylinder 12 gauge for doves and teal both. I prefer to shoot both birds over decoys so my shots are usually close. I like steel 7 shot for doves, 4 or 5 shot for teal.

Comment

Thanks Phil.

Comment

I use an improved cylinder on doves and a modified or full choke on teal depending on the distance I anticipate. Teal are often longer shots for me. Although I start over decoys, by the time I get that third shot off, they can be out there a ways.

Comment

I use would use a modified, but it depends on the range of the shots you are taken.

Comment

I use a modified for both. Mostly because I get a little bit better range, but also I practice with the modified a lot

Comment

mod or improved which ever is in the gun at the time.

Comment

I'm with Phil. I bought a Lt. Mod. screw in that I use for my first shot in my O/U's and in my autoloaders for everything I hunt now. It is very close to the Improved
                cylinder choke Phil recommends.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad