Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a new water fowling gun, and I was thinking about a mossberg 930. Does anyone have any other recommendations for cheap se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new water fowling gun, and I was thinking about a mossberg 930. Does anyone have any other recommendations for cheap se

I need a new water fowling gun, and I was thinking about a mossberg 930. Does anyone have any other recommendations for cheap semi autos? Synthetic stock/semi auto is the only requirement- I hate pumps and I like to abuse my guns. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

I think the remington 11-87 is cheap. Stoeger makes a 3000 and a 3500. I saw berreta makes a gun called outlander for $800. Franchi makes a few too. I have not had any expericance with these guns as i prefer pumps. I am just making suggestions.

Comment

If you hate pumps and abuse your shotguns, you won't be happy with any of the autoloaders for very long.

Comment

Don't go cheap if you abuse your guns or buy a pump. It is no badge of honor to treat your equipment poorly,buy the best you can afford and take care of it.

Comment

I hate pumps because I have a ruined left elbow from wrestling during high school, and semi's are a lot easier on me. (I can't even pour a pot of coffee with my left arm). I generally bury my gun in the mud/water on accident once a season or so, and none of my wood stock shotguns like that. With a synthetic stock I'll be able to just wipe it off and won't have to worry about refinishing it, etc. Thanks for the comments, keep em coming please!

Comment

Cheap and semi auto dont go together. You can get a cheap semi auto that works most the time but they are never as reliable as the high dollar ones. It depends on your definition of cheap also.

Comment

Also, if you bury your gun every year in water and mud you will eventually ruin the springs that work the action. If you ruin the return spring and can't find a replacement your screwed.

Comment

Look for a used Browning A-5 Weather-Fouler its all what your looking for(its takes a liken and keeps-on Shooting) Used $550.00+/- you cant kill this gun.

Comment

Is the weather-fouler synthetic? I have three old belgium made A5's! I love them to death.

Comment

Just use it for a boat paddle once in a while and that ought to clean it right up!

Comment

You be nice to those old Brownings! Well, get them fresh air anyway.

Comment

Panfry101....YES Black Syn some came in Camo-Syn but very rear in used.

Comment

Panfry, look at this abuse.
                          www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQV3DFUrQ This is a baikal MP153 #1 law enforcement in Europe. Fairly cheap to buy.

Comment

sorry- www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt1QV3DFUrQ

Comment

Gas operated shotguns are natorious for needing to be clean to function. The best chance of working when dirty is the inertia operting guns, and the new Benelli very ugly looking shotgun (can't think of the name of it right now!) VINCI !!!!! now prevents blowback gunk from getting in behind the bolt mechanism, and around the mainspring. But who has $500 bucks, or far more to just throw away ruining a shotgun? I think more of my sport to do that. If you have that kind of money to throw away why not hire someone to clean it for you after a hunt? I want the assurance the gun will work when I hunt. All the time and trouble, and then not have a gun fire because of laziness, and desire to hunt with a fine working firearm?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad