Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a 13 year old kid who wants to know everything about turkey hunting because I want to go turkey hunting this spring. What g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to keep you here so long but would a squirrel caller work as a locater call. Just to save money by not buying another call.

Comment

No, it's not loud enough, you're talking about reaching out sometimes hundreds of yards, and too, I think a squirrel bark is too subtle, if you will, it doesn't have that shock effect. You need something that smacks him and triggers a response, just don't get too close to do it.

Comment

Ok , ill just get a owl-locater call.

Comment

I'm 12 years old, and have never killed a turkey. I have seen some hens, and jakes, but never close enough to shoot. My dad lets me call sometimes, and I like using a slate call. I've tried mouth calls but I need more practice. I like the HS Strut Lil' Duece glass slate call with a carbon striker. Go to midwestturkeycall.com They have a lot of good calls and stuff you might like.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad