Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a primos slate call it is just a thin strip of wood running through a plastic body. What should i use to clean it andthe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a primos slate call it is just a thin strip of wood running through a plastic body. What should i use to clean it andthe

I have a primos slate call it is just a thin strip of wood running through a plastic body. What should i use to clean it andthe strykers? There is only one small spot that even almost works so much dirt got on it. Please hurry i need to use it this next weekend to go turkey hunting. Thanks. It is a Primos Power slot with frictionate. Thanks.

I would try a very stiff toothbrush. (Probably my wife's rather than my own) If it is seriously dirty you may try a damp rag but try to keep the call as dry as possible. Also, I am not familiar with the call you are using, but most slates need roughing up pretty regularly with a very fine grit sandpaper or steel wool. The call works with friction and the fine ridges left by the sanding increases the friction between the striker and slate.

Comment

"Thin strip of wood" just caught my eye in your question. I think I have seen a similar call. Damp rag should work fine. Be sure and dry the call thoroughly and then chalk it really well. Either use special turkey call chalk or carpenters chalk. School type chalk sometimes has a bit to much wax in it. Good luck!!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

try sand paper on striker otherwise go on the website and check they mite have somethin??

Comment

Agreed with DanInArkinsaw and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
              by PigHunter
              Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
              Today, 06:35 PM
            • Handgun Laser Sights
              by PigHunter
              On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
              08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
              by PigHunter
              Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
              Today, 06:32 PM
              by PigHunter
              I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
              Today, 06:27 PM
            • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
              by Solitario Lupo
              Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
              Today, 06:16 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X