Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, school and Turkey season totally clided for me this year. What do you guys do when something keeps you from hitting the wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, school and Turkey season totally clided for me this year. What do you guys do when something keeps you from hitting the wood

So, school and Turkey season totally clided for me this year. What do you guys do when something keeps you from hitting the woods for an entire season?

I try my best to get rid of the something.

Don't recommend that approach for school though.

Comment

It's amazing how the forces of hell will align to interfere with my time afield or a fishing trip. Just choose your priorities, step on as few toes as possible, and make good choices. In your case, faced with academic priorities, almost everything except family emergencies will take a second seat to class requirements. Look to the future and know classes won't last forever, but there will ALWAYS be schedule conflicts. It makes time afield that much more valued and appreciated.

Comment

I mope, complain, whine, cry a little and make everybody around me miserable, too.

Comment

If I can't hunt much because of work then I just keep thinking of next season!

Comment

i've had to miss turkey season because of a major change in my personal life and i know it sucks but some things do have to be done before hunting. at least i got rid of the something! now it will be game on!

Comment

Deal with it. It sucks, but as I get older I realize that sometimes the things I want to do have to take a back seat to the things I have to do. Being an adult is no fun - which is why so many people choose to stay adolescents these days I'd guess.

Comment

I gnash my teeth in rage and rail against my fate. Then I get over it move on. I only get two mornings to hunt this year. This morning was one of them and we had a tom on the way to us when other hunters leaving the field early spooked him off. D'oh!
                I guess the freezing rain and 20mph winds bummed them out.
                I have to defend my master's thesis in a week so I hear you on the school thing.

Comment

Thats the reason I dont play any school sports except trap shooting. There always having there stuff on weekends. Got Saturday morning practices? Then theres half of your season gone right there.

Comment

Mourn mostly. I generally cuss a good bit, at everything. But, generally, when I do get the chance to slip off, I really try to enjoy it as much as humanly possible and thank God for the experience.
                    It is odd, but when I am greatly limited by other constraints, something really good comes from the hunts I do get to particioate in. This is good and bad. Good for the obvious reasons and bad because when you have success, you just want to do it more, and can't.

Comment

I have been known to skip class for turkey hunting, but i tipicaly mark off saturdays in the calender, the moment i get the year's book of regulations so any conflicts that arise, (as long as they arnt to important) have to take the back burner. nothing gets in the way of gobble season.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad