Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to get into turkey hunting next year. Do have any good tips for a beginer? What is a good, easy call for beginers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get into turkey hunting next year. Do have any good tips for a beginer? What is a good, easy call for beginers?

I want to get into turkey hunting next year. Do have any good tips for a beginer? What is a good, easy call for beginers?

*easy to use call

Comment

the most easy call to use, is a push-pull call. it's a little box with a rod sticking out both sides. like the name says, you push and pull the stick to provide a noise. one step up from that would in my opinion be a box call. very easy to use, makes a nice variation of sounds. then i would say a slate call, takes a bit of practice but if you know how to use it, long range calling will be very easy with a slate call. the most difficult in my opinion, is the diaphragm call. the most useful, most sounds, but it takes a ton of practice.

Comment

The best call for a beginner IMO is a good box call. I have used a Lynch's Foolproof box to fool a truckload of Gobblers in the last 20 years. Want something better ask Beekeeper to make you one. He is currently building me a beauty that I can't wait to see.

Comment

Reid and Del are both right,I started with a box myself, get some tapes/vidios and watch /listen and practice.Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Comment

If you ever want someone to call for ya, I'm not too far from ya. I don't think anyway? It's a blast and I hope you get into it.

Comment

Wallofsam: I am in Genesee county. You?

Comment

Box call is by fat the easiest maybe not the best sounded but the best for begginers its what i used.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad