Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many individual shells do you get in 1 round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texasmcintyre
    replied
    1 shell means 1 round.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    Reid, I can't say as I know anyone that shoots geese with 6 or 7 shot, that is a very light load even if you were shooting Heavy Shot, even then with that I would not go lower than 3 shot on geese; which would be limited to shooting decoying geese at less than 25 yards. The smallest shot size I use are #2 in 3in. Winchester Supremes when I hunt decoys and BBs in 3 or 3.5 Black Cloud for pass shooting.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    a round is a shell. hit the books

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    round of skeet or trap is 25

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    One round usually refers to one unfired cartridge. If your rifle has a magazine capacity of four rounds, it can contain four live cartridges.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    The words "shell" and "round" are synonomous and mean a cartrige that is to be fired in a gun. If the round is a shot gun shell, it will have multiple pellets (or BBs) in it. The bigger the shot, the fewer the pellets. I shoot 6 shot on turkeys (aiming for the head), 2 and 4 shot on ducks, 2 shot and BBs on geese and 4 shot on pheasants and rabbits, 7 shot on quail. If the round is a rifle cartrige, it will have one bullet.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    BB's? the higher the shot number, the more the BB's. that's why 6 and 7 shot are more ideal for geese and ducks..and 2 to 4 shot are recommended for turkey. a one shot would be a slug. if you don't know what a slug is, it's basically a big chunk of metal put into a shotgun case that you can shoot deer with. deer for me anyways. i'm sure you could be creative and shoot other stuff with it.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Do you mean "pellets?B.B.s) it would depend on the round your shooting. 000 Buckshot/18 in a in. shell to a couple of hundred in a "T" shotshell(for geese/ducks).

Leave a comment:

• pascal
    started a topic how many individual shells do you get in 1 round?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad