Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go with a Remington 870 or a Mossberg? Or should I stop being cheap and save up for a benelli or higher priced gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyler.lunn
    replied
    I have a Remington 870 and I have killed everything i have hit .

Leave a comment:

• Duckkiller4
    replied
    ive used my remington 870 for two really good years and it has suited me very good so i would suggest that

Leave a comment:

• blackdawgz
    replied
    I just purchased a Benelli Nova. I feel like it was a forced decision, as there is simply no comparison. I have owned a 5?5 and an870 Magnum.

Leave a comment:

• huntinman20
    replied
    BEnelli nova their pump shotguns will last u longer than u live yourself

Leave a comment:

• huntinman20
    replied
    Benelli ALL THE WAY. Benelli could argueably be the best gun out there. Look for the vinci or the supernova. Those are really reliable and very good. You'll be glad you saved

Leave a comment:

• norcalhunter7
    replied
    stop buying cheap and go with a berreta

Leave a comment:

• bonecollector
    replied
    Mossbergs suck Benelli all the way

Leave a comment:

• marcellus
    replied
    870 wingmaster without a doubt had mine since 1982 no problems ever andit eats ANY ammo with no complaints

Leave a comment:

• JOHN ANDERSON
    replied
    870PUMP 12 IN A 3" MAG IS MY CHOICE.IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THE 1187 SUPER MAG IS SURE TO PLEASE.ALSO THE STOGERM2000 IS A NICE GUN FOR THE MONEY.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    870 for me too! Nothing against the others though. I backed off nice automatics long ago because of occasional reload jams in the really sloppy freezing duck/goose weather and decided to go 870 because it was economical. I have never felt outgunned by anyone I hunted with and the gun has served me well. I can honestly say I have never had a jam or problem of any kind in the field with it.

Leave a comment:

• sjc
    replied
    My brother had alot of problems with his Mossberg pump. I started with a Winchester 1300 pump and it is still a great gun. The 870 is bullet proof. Are you starting out bird hunting? If so, buy the Remington to get your feet wet and then upgrade to the Benelli. Go to http://www.dovehunting101.com/ thers is some good reviews of guns and other tips.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    bscoones, where are you from? What is a partridge to you?

Leave a comment:

• bscoones
    replied
    I own both and have used them for turkey as well as partridge. I like the Mossberg b/c I can put six 2 3/4 shells in. Also the the Mosseberg will take 3 in shells which is nice for the extra power for turkeys. The Mossberg is lighter which is good and bad. Kicks a little more.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    870 over Mossberg. There are many reasons. 1st the 870 has a doble bar for more reliability. Also they look better, and out perform Mossberg. There are 4 good 870's that I like;(least to best of 870's)regular 870 cheap wood stock ($300), black synthentic ($400), Marine Magnum (salt resistant and $500), and the best is a 870 Wingmaster high gloss ($600). The Wingmaster does not just look and feel better, it out performs! Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• muskiemaster
    replied
    I would have on problem going with the mossberg but it's all in your opinion and financial situation.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad