Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go with a Remington 870 or a Mossberg? Or should I stop being cheap and save up for a benelli or higher priced gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy an 870 and join the millions of satisfied hunters but if you decide on a 500, your still good.

You are the only one who can decide if you want to save for a better gun. I will tell you this, I have many shotguns that could be considered expensive but reach for the 870 when I go hunting.

Comment

870 over a Mossburg. I like them both fine and have owned several Mossburgs but my little brother has an 870 (and 11-87) that he has put through hell and they work like sewing machines. Don't spend money on a higher priced gun unless you are going to shoot it several months out of the year with several cases of ammo. Use the money to buy more bullets and just smile at the Benelli boys as they walk by.

Comment

I would have on problem going with the mossberg but it's all in your opinion and financial situation.

Comment

870 over Mossberg. There are many reasons. 1st the 870 has a doble bar for more reliability. Also they look better, and out perform Mossberg. There are 4 good 870's that I like;(least to best of 870's)regular 870 cheap wood stock ($300), black synthentic ($400), Marine Magnum (salt resistant and $500), and the best is a 870 Wingmaster high gloss ($600). The Wingmaster does not just look and feel better, it out performs! Good Luck!

Comment

I own both and have used them for turkey as well as partridge. I like the Mossberg b/c I can put six 2 3/4 shells in. Also the the Mosseberg will take 3 in shells which is nice for the extra power for turkeys. The Mossberg is lighter which is good and bad. Kicks a little more.

Comment

bscoones, where are you from? What is a partridge to you?

Comment

My brother had alot of problems with his Mossberg pump. I started with a Winchester 1300 pump and it is still a great gun. The 870 is bullet proof. Are you starting out bird hunting? If so, buy the Remington to get your feet wet and then upgrade to the Benelli. Go to http://www.dovehunting101.com/ thers is some good reviews of guns and other tips.

Comment

870 for me too! Nothing against the others though. I backed off nice automatics long ago because of occasional reload jams in the really sloppy freezing duck/goose weather and decided to go 870 because it was economical. I have never felt outgunned by anyone I hunted with and the gun has served me well. I can honestly say I have never had a jam or problem of any kind in the field with it.

Comment

870PUMP 12 IN A 3" MAG IS MY CHOICE.IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THE 1187 SUPER MAG IS SURE TO PLEASE.ALSO THE STOGERM2000 IS A NICE GUN FOR THE MONEY.

Comment

870 wingmaster without a doubt had mine since 1982 no problems ever andit eats ANY ammo with no complaints

Comment

Mossbergs suck Benelli all the way

Comment

stop buying cheap and go with a berreta

Comment

Benelli ALL THE WAY. Benelli could argueably be the best gun out there. Look for the vinci or the supernova. Those are really reliable and very good. You'll be glad you saved

Comment

BEnelli nova their pump shotguns will last u longer than u live yourself

Comment

I just purchased a Benelli Nova. I feel like it was a forced decision, as there is simply no comparison. I have owned a 5?5 and an870 Magnum.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad