Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you all think about leases. in respect to prices i have noticed that other outfits will buy up half a counties leases th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you all think about leases. in respect to prices i have noticed that other outfits will buy up half a counties leases th

what do you all think about leases. in respect to prices i have noticed that other outfits will buy up half a counties leases then turn around and sublease for profit raising the price of leases for the average guy and for small outfits. my question is do you think that it is ethical and have you exsperianced this in your state. for me it has been mostly goose fields and lakes.

I think leasing is killing hunting for a lot of people. Where I hunt guys with really deep pockets have been buying up all the land to lease it out. What really pisses me off is that you can call a land owner in KS and the asshole lives in New York. They are just out for a profit and the guys who cant afford to lease the land from them are going to quit hunting or figure out some other way to go.

Comment

Leasing is one of the leading reasons people are quiting hunting. All of the truly great spots are taken by SO-CALLED guides and then they only use a small percentage of the grounds so it's like shooting on a refuge. Notice I said shooting, not hunting. Leases are outta control border to border/coast to coast. Leasing sucks and shooters with money are ruining it for the majority of real sportmen/women.

Comment

Big hunting groups paying high price is rampant here in Missouri. I've lost several awesome pieces of ground because of this, I don't blame farmers or landowners for trying to make some money off their land, I just can't compete financially.

Comment

Agreed with silsbyj and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad