Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im going on my first turkey hunt in 2weeks. Ive gotten good at both my friction call and my box call. i was just wondering if th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im going on my first turkey hunt in 2weeks. Ive gotten good at both my friction call and my box call. i was just wondering if th

Im going on my first turkey hunt in 2weeks. Ive gotten good at both my friction call and my box call. i was just wondering if there is anything else i need to know before i go into the feild? thnx

Be as STILL as you can if not hunting out of a blind/cover. Good luck and good huntin' young man. Thank you for hunting.

Comment

Thanks. hunting is in my blood.. my dad started carrying my on squirrel hunts before i could walk! i couldnt see wanting to do anything else.

Comment

Just don't worry in getting something and cherish each moment you’re out there. Tomorrow it’s supposed to rain and Alex and I are still going leaving the ATV behind. Coyote season is open so were to concentrate on them. The turkey population has made a nose dive because of predation so were going to even things out. I have noticed in the past couple of years the increase of roadrunners and I do know when a roadrunner moves in, the quail population drops!

Comment

Mr. Coopers right, just enjoy the time with your hunting partner(Dad/Uncle/Friends)that way if you do score it just makes it all the more enjoyable.

Comment

i agree with Mr. Cooper and Big O, when i went to deer camp, it wasn't all about the kill or the deer, but about the relationship and friendship that you build with your hunting partners and the stories told.

Comment

If I was to offer just one peice of advice it will be, Just because you can no longer hear a bird gobble does not mean that he is not there.

Becareful and remember, do not wear anything red, blue or white.

Comment

The biggest problem I always had as a beginner was moving too soon. If a spot is good enough for you to set up and call do not move for at least 30 minutes. Hunt all day just because the birds aren't gobbling does not mean they won't come in. double click my name and look at the turkey photos in my profile. Billy's big gobbler was shot at 1130 am and did not gobble at all. Don't stop hunting 'til the season ends. Most of my biggest gobblers got shot near the end of the season when most hens are nesting and most hunters have either scored or gave up.

Comment

Forgot to mention if you like a photo please give it a thumbs up.

Comment

be still!!! and bug repellent your going to be sittn on the ground for most the day definatly hard to stay still itchn the sqiter bites. good luck

Comment

agreed with Big O answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad