Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive gotten permission to use my motion camera and just be in the woods behind my house from the owner of the land but i really w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive gotten permission to use my motion camera and just be in the woods behind my house from the owner of the land but i really w

Ive gotten permission to use my motion camera and just be in the woods behind my house from the owner of the land but i really want to go out tomorrrow morning and try to call in turkeys. im not taking a gun or anything i just want to call them in to make sure im ready for season. In ohio right now its youth season but he doesnt have kids either. i cant seem to get ahold of him and i dont know what to do. i really want to go but id rather have specific permission for calling turkeys. do you think that overall "being in the woods" permission would count for calling turkeys?

I forgot to put that im afraid of being approached by the farmer and him forgeting the permission he gave me. we already signed a paper saying we could ride quads and dirtbikes back there and he already forgot that and yelled at my step dad.

Comment

If he is the grumpy type, I would make sure to ask first, as he may use it as an excuse to ban your from his ground. Some landowners don't want to be bugged every time you go on their property, others want to know every time you go and exactly what you are doing. It would be a judgment call for you to make based on your relationship with the landowner. It only takes one bad move to loose privileges for life.

Comment

If it is before the season opens I highly suggest you do not try and call turkeys. If you spoke the turkeys while calling they will remember you and the noise you made.

Comment

I would make sure you have permission,I know that you have iy in writing already, but better safe than sorry. Good luck and good hunting!

Comment

USMC is right. Even if you have permission, you don't want to "learn" them if you're not hunting them. If they hear it enough, they can distinguish your calls from the real thing and that's not good for hunting.

Comment

Agreed with usmcturkey answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad