Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than Reid has anyone gotten a turkey? The weather has been awful here in Eastern Kansas. Might go out tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than Reid has anyone gotten a turkey? The weather has been awful here in Eastern Kansas. Might go out tomorrow.

Other than Reid has anyone gotten a turkey? The weather has been awful here in Eastern Kansas. Might go out tomorrow.

Called up a Jake and let him walk. Don't like to shoot up the young guys before the fan gets round. Weather has been very wet and cold. We need the rain so I'm not bitchin'. Seems like every pretty day that comes along lately I've got to work, even on week ends. Gobblers are still sticking tight with the hens here. Hopefully later in the month things will change. Maybe by then all the bait in the woods will be gone too...

Comment

Our regular season opens the 15th, so will play hooky from work on Wed. if I can schedule things around it. Was supposed to have a kid with me last weekend for the youth hunt, but he canceled (went to chase girls instead), so I had to settle for calling them in and shooting with the camera.

Comment

Our season (Ohio) opens the 26th. I went scouting this morning and found two beautiful gobblers on top of my hill. They flew down and 6:53am and stopped gobbling before 7am. Plenty of hens around. Also counted 17 deer.

Comment

My son shot a 20lb.Tom opening day of youth hunt in Mo.Season opens here on the 20th.cold and rainy also .His picture is posted , check it out.

Comment

I saw a smaller jake out there but nothing worth shooting. Heard a gobbler about half a mile away but could not get him to travel far enough in. Maybe next weekend.

Comment

Keep your chin up Del. As you know I'm not much of a turkey hunter, but I went out yesterday, just to get out, no calling I'd scare them, but I never seen or more important heard a thing in the woods but me and the squirrels.

Comment

I'm sorry,I know this off subject but I gotta ask hows the ticks yet? How fast is the water rising and what is the temps in the feeder creeks? Looks like the mid-south is starting to get hammered.

Comment

Two gobblers between me and my friend on saturday. Mine had a 10" beard and his had a 6.5".

Comment

I live in Montana. I almost got one opening day, but he was too far away. I will probably go out this weekend again.

Comment

Got a nice tom and some pics of jakes yesterday you can see them by cliking my username and going to photos. The tom had 2 beards.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad