Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The other day i was out taking pictures of ducks,and their was a solid white duck with some brown, does anyone have an idea what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other day i was out taking pictures of ducks,and their was a solid white duck with some brown, does anyone have an idea what

The other day i was out taking pictures of ducks,and their was a solid white duck with some brown, does anyone have an idea what it might be? It's on my profile go look at it and tell me what you think.Two years ago shot a half mallard drake and half pintail drake, it might be something like that.

Morphologically it looks like a Redhead Hen. I have passed it on to a Biologist buddy for a look see.

Comment

Wow that is a stumper. i figured you had a picture of a "frankenstein" malard that had cross bred with a domestic duck but it definately is not that. It looks to me like a "piebald" black duck. aside from the whitish-cream color the whitish ring around the bill has me stumped. - Cool picture.

Comment

Packers,

Due you have a profile shot or one that might show some color on the bill? My waterfowl biologist friend says it could be: Redhead Hen, Ringneck or perhaps a Canvasback hen (a profile of the head would settle that question as a Cans bill shape speaks for itself.)

Comment

Packers, I'm going to go with albinism here. This duck is an albino, whatever species (definitely looks like a redhead). And yes, albinism occurs in waterfowl.

Comment

I'd call it and albino also

Comment

Albino definatly albino.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Okay, here's the second image or fore end. Note the instructions glued inside.

That clears up your BS #2 re fore end. Anything on the stock?...
                                Today, 10:12 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                I was just trying to be kind! 😂!🤣!...
                                Today, 10:07 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Crickets !!
                                by rock rat
                                I know people in Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The first outbreak of Covid was followed in minute detail as no one had any idea if it could be controlled...
                                Today, 10:06 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X