Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good Jon boat that has a motor and is within 500-100 dollars does any one have any suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good Jon boat that has a motor and is within 500-100 dollars does any one have any suggestions.

I am looking for a good Jon boat that has a motor and is within 500-100 dollars does any one have any suggestions.

As tough as times are search your local sale papers and check out yard sales. I have seen several smaller jon's for sale in my area in that price range. They don't last long. Shop hard and don't settle for a no name rivited boat that will be nothing more than a pain. A used outboard can also come with skeletons in its closet!

Comment

sorry i meant 1000

Comment

I agree with Beekeeper, make sure the boat is in good shape and hope for the best on the motor.

Comment

I meant to add, what BK said about adds and yard sales that is a good idea, as you drive around keep your eyes opened for boats with for sale signs and let your family and friends know what your looking for and I guarantee they'll tell you if they know of something. As an example I retired in '06 but a year before retirement I let it be known what I was looking for. Couple months later a friend pointed out an add on a bulletin board and after checking things out I had a 18' Lowe Riverjon with 40hp Mariner motor all 8 yrs old for $2800 and excellent condition. Hell the motor alone brand new would cost $5000 or more, that where the moneys at.

Comment

TheEasternShore....
            From the way your questions are running, we're going to have you fully outfitted by spring...at least I hope so!
            I pretty much agree with the rest of these guys. Want ads, craigslist, and those sorts of things should turn up plenty of used jon boats. Keep in mind that an older boat with a newer motor is probably better than the opposite.
            Good luck, and keep letting us know how we can help.

Comment

ummmmmmmmmm.......... thanks

Comment

These guys hit on the head. One other thing, keep your eyes open on your regular travel routes (not knowing where your at), but I once got a boat from a guy who had one sitting next to his barn for a couple of years and I never saw it move. One day I stopped to ask if he would like to sell it, went home with a boat.

I also picked up an old one to pull decoys with one time. It leaned up against a wood pile for 2 summers under this guys shed, looked like it hadn't moved, so I asked.

Sometimes people don't know they want sell it until somebody asks.

Comment

Go to your local marina or dealer they have alot of people who want to sell their stuff so they can upgrade.

Comment

Go to your local marina or dealer they have alot of people who want to sell their stuff so they can upgrade.

Comment

Comment

Try Craigslist for the boat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad