Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are Turkey hunting a tract of land that only you have access to. The tract of land next door is posted no trespassing. You k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are Turkey hunting a tract of land that only you have access to. The tract of land next door is posted no trespassing. You k

You are Turkey hunting a tract of land that only you have access to. The tract of land next door is posted no trespassing. You know no one hunts the tract. No birds are active on your tract, but there is a big tom gobbling at everything that makes a sound next door. What do you do?

Move about 50 yards from the fence line and crank it up! Call that Ol'Boy in!

Comment

Set up 50 yrds. off of the tract, and pull him in. If he doesn't come, cut your loses and come back later. Maybe you'll come back at dusk to put him to roost. I can't stand it when people trespass on the land I hunt, so I would be a hypocrite to do the same. That's another problem with todays hunters, nobody respects property lines anymore. Even on stateland if someone sees your stand, they will set up 30-50yrds. away and try to drive you out.

Comment

Yep, stay where you are. Last two deer seasons I had that very dilemma. In fact a buck was sauntering along 50 yds across the fence, I half expected him to start saying Na na nanana, but I didn't want to piss that land owner off, he was friends with my land owner.

Comment

All i would do with a tom that hot is roost it and the next day come back with a tom decoy and a gobble call ( if nobody else hunts it you should be fine) and get him fired up enough to come in on you

Comment

This happened to me during my first turkey season. I was told to hunt the tree line and everything to the left of it. Once I was moving in the woods trying to relocate I spooked a flock of turkeys. I hurried to cut them off. So I sat on this tree line a propped up a hen decoy. This tom came running out and I shot it. It was on the other persons land but only by 30 yards or so. So I grabbed my bird and headed home.

Comment

This happened to me during my first turkey season. I was told to hunt the tree line and everything to the left of it. Once I was moving in the woods trying to relocate I spooked a flock of turkeys. I hurried to cut them off. So I sat on this tree line a propped up a hen decoy. This tom came running out and I shot it. It was on the other persons land but only by 30 yards or so. So I grabbed my bird and headed home.

Comment

Never tresspass, it may not be worth it for a bird. Otherwise set up about 50 yards from the line and try to call him in. If he doesnt cut your losses and come back later.

Comment

Stay on the property where I have permission to hunt but get close to the boundary and try to call them over.

Comment

Do the best you can and use your whole bag of tricks if he comes over AWESOME, if not oh well maybe next year he will shift his wonderings to your side.

Comment

also back in 02 w2as hunting my cuz's land in PA worked a tom all morning for 3 days straight and couldn't get him to commit, on the 4th morning had him running to me finally got in the "Sweet Spot" guess what the neighbor snaked hi9m 3 good yelps he held up 20ft on his side of the line and BANG! oh well win some, lose some thats why it's Hunting, not Killin'

Comment

And further more Tyrell you should be ashamed of your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As a landowner I wouldn't want someone on my property without my permission. I don't cross a fence or go through a gate witout letting my neighbor know (and this is VERY seldom unless I'm going to visit the neighbor). Everyone where I am pretty much respects each others property. We do have a few problems with poachers, but fortunately that isn't a real big problem anymore in our area.
                          If you cross a fence in Texas without permission you risk getting shot. My neighbor recently threw down on two people he caught at another neighbors place...boy did he scare the hell out of the county tax assesors who were checking for new buildings to tax!

Comment

you gotta draw him over

make some soft hen calls

Comment

Trespassing is avoided in three ways.

1. Stay off their property
                              2. ...unless you have permission, or
                              3. ...call him to you!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by crm3006
                                From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey,...
                                Today, 09:51 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by crm3006
                                What? Exposed your ignorance about Auto 5s, did I, little man? Gonna pout, and hold your breath 'til you turn blue?
                                Today, 09:45 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
                                Yes or no.
                                No speeches and no insults.
                                Today, 09:36 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X