Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This ones for the duck hunters: What is your dream duck to mount?(Mines any Drake sea duck or a nice Canvasback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnpjoe
    replied
    went hunting with some of my buddies family in yakima but they all upland hunt and we would be doing both any ways shot a drake woodie and it was only a crippled so I ran after it normaly it would be the dogs job but I was forced to leave my lab at home needless to say I cant sniff out the muskrat hole that the duck went into so after an hour I was forced to give up. so I am after one this next year.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Definitely a Wood Duck!!!

Leave a comment:

• blackdawgz
    replied
    Wood Duck.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN ANDERSON
    replied
    THAT IS THE QUESTION OF THE YEAR.EACH SEASON MY WIFE AN I PICK A DRAKE THAT WE'D LIKE TO GET MOUNTED AND LET THE HUNT BEGIN.WE HAVE A GREAT START. BUT MY TOP PICS WOULD BE.1OLDSSQUAW 2CANVASBACK 3CINNAMONTEAL ITS HARD TO CHOOSE JUST ONE.

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    i would like to mount a wood duck or a pintail drake

Leave a comment:

• badmutha6
    replied
    I agree with you GS, a wood duck is my number one, never seen one in far west texas which is why I would like 1 I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    A male wood duck posed to look like it is flaring low over the water.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    HFS, I bet you fully understand why they are called fish ducks now! My old college roommate had to learn the hard way too! They are a pretty good duck for Gumbo though, fish and fowl all in one.

I would like a really nice Drake Widgeon. Never killed one in full late seaon plumage.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    It would have to be either a common goldeneye or a pintail.

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    I shot a couple of Hooded Mergansers not realizing how rare they were, and ate them. Eating them was a very traumatic experience, and since they are so beautiful, I sorely wish I had mounted them.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    The first year I got into duck hunting was about 1994 or 95 anyway I shot a beautiful drake Cavasback. My duck hunting buddy Billy Williams told me he had never gotten one. They are not common in Kansas. I ate the bird 'cause my wife is allergic to feathers. Sure wish I had done the Taxidermy thing nowdays. Never gotten another one.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    My wife wants me to shoot a mallard for the wall, I would like to have a canvasback. But I will say this, I LOVE THAT WAMAN!

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    Harlequin drake.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    I would agree with a canvasback or a drake widgeon. I always tear widgeons up when I shoot them.

Leave a comment:

• Koepper08
    replied
    I think a scaup would be pretty sweet. scaup numbers are pretty low historically so it would be nice to get one while we can still harvest them

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad