Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This ones for the duck hunters: What is your dream duck to mount?(Mines any Drake sea duck or a nice Canvasback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ones for the duck hunters: What is your dream duck to mount?(Mines any Drake sea duck or a nice Canvasback)

This ones for the duck hunters: What is your dream duck to mount?(Mines any Drake sea duck or a nice Canvasback)

I think a scaup would be pretty sweet. scaup numbers are pretty low historically so it would be nice to get one while we can still harvest them

Comment

I would agree with a canvasback or a drake widgeon. I always tear widgeons up when I shoot them.

Comment

Harlequin drake.

Comment

My wife wants me to shoot a mallard for the wall, I would like to have a canvasback. But I will say this, I LOVE THAT WAMAN!

Comment

The first year I got into duck hunting was about 1994 or 95 anyway I shot a beautiful drake Cavasback. My duck hunting buddy Billy Williams told me he had never gotten one. They are not common in Kansas. I ate the bird 'cause my wife is allergic to feathers. Sure wish I had done the Taxidermy thing nowdays. Never gotten another one.

Comment

I shot a couple of Hooded Mergansers not realizing how rare they were, and ate them. Eating them was a very traumatic experience, and since they are so beautiful, I sorely wish I had mounted them.

Comment

It would have to be either a common goldeneye or a pintail.

Comment

HFS, I bet you fully understand why they are called fish ducks now! My old college roommate had to learn the hard way too! They are a pretty good duck for Gumbo though, fish and fowl all in one.

I would like a really nice Drake Widgeon. Never killed one in full late seaon plumage.

Comment

A male wood duck posed to look like it is flaring low over the water.

Comment

I agree with you GS, a wood duck is my number one, never seen one in far west texas which is why I would like 1 I suppose.

Comment

i would like to mount a wood duck or a pintail drake

Comment

THAT IS THE QUESTION OF THE YEAR.EACH SEASON MY WIFE AN I PICK A DRAKE THAT WE'D LIKE TO GET MOUNTED AND LET THE HUNT BEGIN.WE HAVE A GREAT START. BUT MY TOP PICS WOULD BE.1OLDSSQUAW 2CANVASBACK 3CINNAMONTEAL ITS HARD TO CHOOSE JUST ONE.

Comment

Wood Duck.

Comment

Definitely a Wood Duck!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by jhjimbo
                                Jack and Mike are comming to D.C. tomorrow.
                                Obama investigation and related investigations is being quarterbacked by Barr.

Congratulations...
                                Today, 11:58 AM
                              • lightfoot lindsey graham
                                by crm3006
                                Fox’s Lou Dobbs slams Lindsey Graham, ‘betrayed the American people’

October 24, 2020

Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs had some harsh...
                                Yesterday, 08:19 AM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Best way to take the heat off AR type rifles is to show more pictures of AR's with game taken in various hunting articles, show more AR's in the hands...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.
                                by crm3006
                                "So SANTA is fake"

Oh ye of little faith, and an overload of cynicism! Santa exists, and is proven to exist, every Christmas! Santa...
                                Today, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X