Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you turkey hunters use a wing bone call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you turkey hunters use a wing bone call?

How many of you turkey hunters use a wing bone call?

i don't. This probably is a stupid question, but what are they for? I know nothing.

Comment

i have the bone in the freezer, but never got them out to try and make one.

Comment

I do use one, usually hen nothing else seems to work. Brought in a curious hen last season, which surprised me.

Comment

I have read that the indians invented the wingbone call. I have an autographed Ike Asby Winbone call but have never used it. It yelps if you suck in on the small end but I can't get the rythem right on the thing.

Comment

Del,

They are a hard call to master. But, they are worth the effort, they seem to turn an old gobbler when nothing else will, especially one that has been molested a great deal. My grand dad taught me how to build them. He also made them from river cane (bamboo). The cane calls have a sound all their own. I believe you are correct about the indians "inventing" them, they also came up with the slate and peg.

Comment

I use a wing-bone call to locate birds on the roost in the early morning and in the evening. This call tends to be louder than others used and will elicit a gobble from birds at greater distances or when other calls get no response. Hunting tradition is another reason I like using wing-bone calls!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad