Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any sunglasses that work well for waterfowl hunting? Especially some that do not have a lot of glare that can fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any sunglasses that work well for waterfowl hunting? Especially some that do not have a lot of glare that can fl

Anyone know of any sunglasses that work well for waterfowl hunting? Especially some that do not have a lot of glare that can flare birds.

H20ptix by Serengeti are pretty killer. Non-glaring finish, and polarized to cut glare in your vision. They have a hydrophobic coating on the lenses so water beads off and they fog less. They have good sticky rubber temples for non-slip, and most come with a strap/string thing with floats on it so they stay on your head, and even if they fall in the water, they won't sink. Get the bronze polarized lenses, they kill glare better than almost any I've worn, and the contrast is great.

Comment

I wear a pair of Oakleys with the fire lens, they are polaried also. They tend to blend in well with the hay bails that sit behind.

Comment

I agree with rrmont that is what I wear. I think they work great and I wear them year around.

Comment

Try going to the Oakley website and looking at some glasses. I have some and they work great... a little pricey but worth it. The maintain their polarization and have a lot of wear on them and keep working.

Comment

Oakley, they will hurt your wallet but are very nice.

Comment

Oakleys are great, but not as great as they think they are with those prices. I'm not particularly impressed with the optics. You would think for $150-$250, they would be mind-blowing. Not so much.

Check out Sportsman's Guide. I think they have a pair of H2Optix for mega discount.

Comment

Cabelas sells some that I believe are called camovision they have a shadow grass pattern on non-reflective oakley style lenses and you can't see the camo when looking through them am really photo sensative so always need sunglasses and these work well for me, hope it helps!

Comment

Aghreed with shane answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad