Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I go to the mountains to hunt I have a canteen of clean water dangling from my saddle and maybe a secret Diet Pepsi in the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I go to the mountains to hunt I have a canteen of clean water dangling from my saddle and maybe a secret Diet Pepsi in the

When I go to the mountains to hunt I have a canteen of clean water dangling from my saddle and maybe a secret Diet Pepsi in the saddlebag. Can anyone recommend any of the so called "energy drinks" or bottled water that is a superior choice?

gatoraid or some other electrolite powder you can find water.

Comment

Ish,

I've read up on that stuff and what I drink is water. It helps offset all the coofee on my kidneys and keeps you hydrated. Diet drinks have chemicals in them that make you want to eat and also have been linked to Cancer. Drinks like "Boost" etc are loaded with various amounts of suger, Caffeine and chemicals. Fruit juice is mostly sugar and water. The bottling process destroys the enzymes and most vitamins. If water won't work I would go with Cpt Brad's suggestion. Just posted pics of Prince William Sound.

Comment

I'm fond of Tahitian Treat fruit punch when I can find it. It's got an amazing sugar wallop, with even more calories than a regular soda, but no caffeine. The carbonation is low enough that it also quenches your thirst better than a cola. It's red as sin, and it's probably terrible for you, but I used to drink it when I started deer hunting as a kid and it takes me back. Besides, counting calories is the last thing on my mind when I'm hunting.

Comment

I take pouches of powdered Gatoraide with me on all my hunts. It keeps you hydrated with out the sugar/caffine crash.

Comment

Gatorade or Powerade. Do not take Monster Energy drinks.

Comment

whatever you take, check the ingredients to see if it contains corn syrup which is used as a sweetener...That stuff will make you even more thirsty...you cant really improve on good old H2O...

Comment

Nothing beats water. Stick to that.

Comment

Powerade Option. It's got electrolytes and no carbs and no calories,

Comment

green tea is great, they also have green tea in powder packs that you mix with 16 oz of water.

Comment

Water is the best thing to drink.

Comment

My horses agree with most of you so I guess I will keep doing what I do. Del, I just have to drink that Diet Pepsi every now and then.

Comment

Alot of the energy drinks cause a guy to crash due to massive amounts of sugar. XS energy drink is one that supposedly does not (I'm not sure of the ingredients but it's suppose to be healthier alternative)

Comment

i agree DO NOT DRINK MONSTER stick to gateorade or water

Comment

I take gatorade powder on multiday hunts and usually add it to every fourth quart of water i drink. I noticed a decrease in cramps while climbing after i started bringing it. I don't know if it is just in my head or not, but I feel better.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad