Back from Agrica, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Agrica, 2022

Back home from South Africa on Sept 2nd after nine days hunting and four days flying. The Springfield went with me again. I am writing up the stories for HuntTalk and have posted the first four chapters in pdf format. Let's see if I can attach them here for your reading enjoyment. I had a great time hunting new animals and new territory but brought something back that I didn't want. Chapter One.pdf Chapter Two.pdf Chapter three.pdf Chapter 4.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-14-2022, 09:45 PM.

Click on the story and you'll be prompted to download. Then it should ask if you want to open the file. If you don't get the prompt, look for the chapter in your "downloads" directory. Lots of photos.

Comment

Great story Honker... now THAT is some Field and Stream content. Not one political advisory from start to finish. It sounds like a lot of work with the travel and all but what an adventure. The areas you hunted remind me of landscape in the midwest where I've hunted antelope, mulies and prairie dogs. Those are beautiful animals indeed. Your Springfield looks great in the pictures and did its job for you. Very nice! I'm impressed with your writing ability. I couldn't put it down after reading the firtst few pages. Thanks so much for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
        Great story Honker... now THAT is some Field and Stream content. Not one political advisory from start to finish. It sounds like a lot of work with the travel and all but what an adventure. The areas you hunted remind me of landscape in the midwest where I've hunted antelope, mulies and prairie dogs. Those are beautiful animals indeed. Your Springfield looks great in the pictures and did its job for you. Very nice! I'm impressed with your writing ability. I couldn't put it down after reading the firtst few pages. Thanks so much for posting this.
        Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I shot eleven animals this trip so there's a few more chapters to come.

Comment

Good stuff as usual OHH. Waiting on the remaining write ups.

Comment

Chapter five is done. Enjoy. Apologies for misspelling Africa in thread title. No way to correct it after posting the thread.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-20-2022, 10:02 AM. Reason: Cleaned up some grammar

Comment

Excuse my impertinence for daring to question the mighty honk, but please, oh Herculean slayer of slow moving geese and pre-located animals: Where, on this planet, is the country, continent, or kingdom of Agrica located?
              Is it somewhere in Europe, behind the Russian steppes, or possibly in the Antarctic wastes, or is it strictly in the hidden recesses of your shallow little mind, inspired by the arduous reading of old adventure magazines and the writing of genuine hunters and authors from which your tales of the adventures of the mighty honk are plagiarized, with little attention to alteration?
              Please, oh mighty honkster, inform those of us whose geographical expertise does not include the locale of Agrica as to the whereabouts of this mythical place you have returned from. We, in our ignorance, compared to the mighty honk, do humbly beg you to enlighten us.​

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                Excuse my impertinence for daring to question the mighty honk, but please, oh Herculean slayer of slow moving geese and pre-located animals: Where, on this planet, is the country, continent, or kingdom of Agrica located?
                Is it somewhere in Europe, behind the Russian steppes, or possibly in the Antarctic wastes, or is it strictly in the hidden recesses of your shallow little mind, inspired by the arduous reading of old adventure magazines and the writing of genuine hunters and authors from which your tales of the adventures of the mighty honk are plagiarized, with little attention to alteration?
                Please, oh mighty honkster, inform those of us whose geographical expertise does not include the locale of Agrica as to the whereabouts of this mythical place you have returned from. We, in our ignorance, compared to the mighty honk, do humbly beg you to enlighten us.​

I have met five old women this week, and you, my friend, are four of them.

Comment

From Grete: "I have met five old women this week, and you, my friend, are four of them."
                  Well, first off, congratulations on your success in the dating circles of the nursing home and elderly dating circles.
                  Secondly, I am neither old, nor a woman, so your remark does not apply.
                  Remember, I have to value your opinion before it matters to me.
                  Have a nice day with the old ladies.
                  crm

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post

Nice to hear from you again 06, I hope all is well.

Thanks for the laughs.

Comment

This is good stuff!
                      It is honest, with all of the mistakes that do happen. You are a good story teller. I know what you mean, when trying to remember everything, as it all becomes a blur. Darrell a good friend of mine who has been to Africa more times than I can imagine, told me to keep a daily diary, for the very reason of remembering. You get a lifetime of hunting, in a very short period of time, that is surreal...as you know.
                      Again excellent material. I can read stuff like this any day-Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ontario Honker Hunter Chapter 5 [/QUOTE]
                        Great job on this one Honker. A great story told about as well as it could be done. That nyala was a monster and will be an exceptional mount. The hunt of a lifetime for sure. That looks like rough country and I'm glad you included the pictures. It would have been hard to imagine what you went through. Great job!

Comment

Congrats to you OHH , your really getting good at these presentations. Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                            Chapter five is done. Enjoy. Apologies for misspelling Africa in thread title. No way to correct it after posting the thread.
                            Glad to see you out and about on some adventures! Cheers

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to BIG deer! (?)
                              by FirstBubba
                              To say they are "spooky" is an understatement....and they travel in herds with lot'sa eagle eye vision eyeballs to watch on all directions!...
                              Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                            • BIG deer! (?)
                              by FirstBubba
                              We came down to south Texas to spend a few days with the youngest.
                              We helped assemble a chicken house/run.
                              This morning, we all walked out...
                              09-25-2022, 09:43 AM
                            • Reply to BIG deer! (?)
                              by 99explorer
                              I knew a cattle rancher back in central Texas who shot an aoudad that had wandered onto his property, having escaped from an exotic game ranch.
                              Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                            • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                              by fitch270
                              Jackson Browne

”Doctor My Eyes”

Yesterday, 10:03 PM
                            • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                              by fitch270
                              Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

Yesterday, 09:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X