No announcement yet.

New Weatherby Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using a different kind of bullet in my 9mm Remington pistol. It is Remington's 'Black Belt'. The rear of the bullet is a belt like a 'o' ring around the base. This helps center the bullet in the chamber and line up with the barrel, form a good gas seal and helps scrub off copper residue. Must be some kind of high temp polymer as it does not leave any residue itself. I am sold on the concept. Maybe a ammo Co. could try something like that on rifle bullets. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      I am using a different kind of bullet in my 9mm Remington pistol...
      Very interesting jimbo. I was not aware of this bullet. I could easily see it working on a 9mm at 35,000 PSI max pressure. I suspect that 60,000 PSI or higher pressure of a rifle bullet just might not work with the polymer. The GS Custom concept would work though with just one raised ring at the back. Since the rifle bullets are typically longer though, it makes sense to add additional rings down the length of the bearing surface like GS Custom does.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

Very interesting jimbo. I was not aware of this bullet. I could easily see it working on a 9mm at 35,000 PSI max pressure. I suspect that 60,000 PSI or higher pressure of a rifle bullet just might not work with the polymer. The GS Custom concept would work though with just one raised ring at the back. Since the rifle bullets are typically longer though, it makes sense to add additional rings down the length of the bearing surface like GS Custom does.
        Hammer's work very good. They are more of a typical range to mid-range bullet for hunting big game though. They need speed to work better and their BC's aren't great

Comment

Here is a video of 13" penetration in model clay. I am impressed. The feature I like is the belt centers the bullet in the chamber getting it off to a great start in the barrel.
          https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad