Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are with a GOOD hunting buddy when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you are with a GOOD hunting buddy when?

You know you are with a GOOD hunting buddy when?

While your preparing to cook he collects firewood without a word being said.

Comment

When he says I will gut your deer this time and help you drag it back.

Comment

He says "here let me gut that for you".

Comment

Wish I would have been able to see usmc's answer before I pu the same thing!

Comment

When you don' have to wake up an extra hour early just to go wake up your buddy and still be set up in time.

Comment

when u dn't come home with buckshot up ur ass

Comment

When you wake up in the elk camp tent it is warm and the horses are saddled. If he is a great buddy he sat in the frozen saddle to warm it up for you but most folks have trouble enough warming their own saddle so that is not expected. Like Jim in MO said the firewood aspect is very important since in the wilderness we can have no motors which equates to a handsaw. The firewood warms you twice, once while cutting and the other when burning.

Comment

When he gives the be prime spot to hunt.

Comment

When you make a mistake, he tells you how you can be better, and then gives you crap instead of the other way around.

Nate

Comment

What your sure that he will be by your side nomatter what happens in field.

Comment

When you do not have to schedule a trip. You know each other well enough to know that he will show up on time or be ready when you show up. He will have his gear and some extra in case anything breaks. You do not have to ask him for help with food plots or blinds or etc. He has never watched you clean an animal because he was helping.

Probably the easiest way to know is when you are just as excited about his kill as he is.

Comment

You arrive at the deer you just shot and there he is with a bunch of bags of perfect cuts of meat, and a mounted head.

Comment

I agree with everyone espcially guting your deer for you that is a good friend

Comment

I good friend shares his TP when you run out, in the woods there is no more valuable commodity and none that is more needed when you don't have it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad