NYS Lifetime License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Lifetime License

Got my Deer and Bear license. Note says not to expose to heat or the material will turn black. That seems a bad choice of license material. For example, leave it by a window on a desk and it might turn black ? I am the 48th person in NY to get a Lifetime License. It's paid for itself many times over. To parents, there is a great discount for a child if purchased when they are young - even if Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0927.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	898.3 KB
ID:	785386 before they can hunt.

Jim, they just don’t want you trying to laminate the tags/license. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      Jim, they just don’t want you trying to laminate the tags/license. Nothing to worry about.
      Never thought of that. TU.

One thing I collect are back tags. I have all my NY tags (except overseas) all the way back to when we had to sew them on our coats, I think '57. I actually started hunting without a license and hunted before Hunter Safety was required. Do you remember when they stopped using pins ?
      My Lifetime was originally Deer and Bear and since they have added small game. I also have the Archery endorsment.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 11-14-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

License pins were done when I came along. I still have my original Hunter Safety certificate from the mid-80s when I turned 14, though it's in tatters. I've saved the nice pins DEC sends to those who buy the Habitat Stamp every year and also the patches for participating in the grouse/woodcock harvest log and spring drumming survey.

Edit: I completely forgot the possibly useful part of my reply: Along with not laminating, as Fitch pointed out, you also don't want any contact with hand sanitizer. I had a big black smear across my fishing license last year after I'd sanitized and then tucked the license in my pocket before the stuff had dried on my fingers.

(I do notice, however, that this year's material is slightly different than the previous years' computer-printer material. Maybe it stands up to alcohol better.)
        Last edited by MattM37; 11-15-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F&S 2015 001.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	785465 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter Safety Training 001.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	532.8 KB
ID:	785466 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2842.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	690.3 KB
ID:	785467 My Hunter Safety card(1958) and my Lifetime License back Tag on my original red field vest with game bag - before blaze oange.
          Lifetime back tag (which we don't have to wear ) and credit card type wallet card (last two numbers blocked out - #48, and old sew on back tag and license.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
            by jhjimbo
            I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
            My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't...
            Today, 01:29 AM
          • Omicron
            by jhjimbo
            Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
            11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
          • Reply to Wild or Store Bought
            by FirstBubba
            I can feel my jaw muscles torquing up now! Man those things are G-U-D "good"!...
            Yesterday, 10:56 PM
          • Wild or Store Bought
            by jhjimbo
            What is your preference for Turkeys ? I was at a home that cooked both and I have to say the wild turkey was very good. No white meat and very moist...
            11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
          • Reply to Books for Christmas
            by FirstBubba
            If anyone is a true outdoors "person", any Peter Hathaway Capstick book is a grand read and anything by Gene Hill is good.
            I'm sure there...
            Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X