Elk Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk Hunting

Anybody got elk hunting on the menu for this fall? Where? Bull? Cow? Archery? Firearm? Caliber? Guided? DIY?
    I had a lot rather read about elk hunting plans that this political hogwash that is overrunning us!

I have an elk tag for Montana. Either sex in the area I'll be hunting. It's preferred that antlerless be shot. My brother usually sees over a hundred the first three days of the season. Not elk hunting ... more like elk shooting. And public land too.

Comment

Not this year, and I can say I'm glad we went last year and didn't put it off. I think I still have time to buy a point for next year in Montana but I'm sure what to do.

OHH, I saw somewhere that they'd shut Montana down due to fire danger but can't confirm, have you heard anything about it?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad