No announcement yet.

B&C measurement form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know guys w fam ground, grow deer. Use x bows....are all about getting " record book deer ". Not B&C or even P&Y......are about getting multiples in the state book.

Whatever.

Id rather get a P&Y at 125 1/8" w recurve than zip a 150" w xbow.

Record book is just a bonus IMHO.
    And an excuse to let deer walk.

Killed enough. Time to have fun and or be selective.

Last yrs was small rack but a mature deer so said good enough.
    Will shoot a bigger one this yr.

If not, pork and beef are fine w me.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
      Know guys w fam ground, grow deer. Use x bows....are all about getting " record book deer ". Not B&C or even P&Y......are about getting multiples in the state book.

Whatever.

Id rather get a P&Y at 125 1/8" w recurve than zip a 150" w xbow.

Record book is just a bonus IMHO.
      And an excuse to let deer walk.

Killed enough. Time to have fun and or be selective.

Last yrs was small rack but a mature deer so said good enough.
      Will shoot a bigger one this yr.

If not, pork and beef are fine w me.
      Wait, are you now dissing xbows??? Earlier it was AR's. Man, don't you have any respect for what others use???

My largest whitetail buck to-date measures about 134. But I learned a long time ago that I can't eat the antlers. This year there are two does in the freezer and they will be very tasty.

As an engineer, I give the contractors estimated cable lengths in feet, not meters. Cabinet sizes and available floor space are in inches / feet. I use DegF, PSI, GPM, FPS, and inches of head for sizing valves and other instruments. Neither me nor my customers have a problem using English units of measurement

Comment

I dont care what other people use.
        Personally dont need to go with what is easiest.

Might buy an X bow. Actually looked at some today. My kid cant use a reg bow.

When i can no longer use a reg bow ill just gun hunt. Like guns just fine.

Not a fan of ARs....or similar really. That pistol grip just not my thing. Reg rifle ergonomics feel better to me ( some )

Comment

Spent a lot of time hunting deer. My antler yield not all that great. Indeed a 100# doe it pretty darn tasty.

But i have a hard time shooting them anymore.

Felt bad about shooting my deer last yr. Only an 8 and not even 125".
          Busted tine too. Might have been a good bow kill for this yr.

Try to hold out for something bigger this yr. But if a 120" sits there w his onside leg fwd i might have to settle lol

Comment

Id be cool w my kid putting a buck n doe in my freezer

Comment

In NY kids can bow hunt at 12, if they can handle the required draw weight, like 40lbs. They have to be 14 to use a crossbow because technically they are considered muzzleloaders. (It’s NY, don’t ask me ask the politicians) So far my daughter has missed her first two bow seasons because of this, and by her choice. She should be ok this fall but if she isn’t confident in her abilities I’ll be buying a crossbow for her to use if she wants. Personally I have no desire for one either but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

My kid has had both shoulders operated on. Surgeon said nothing over 30#. Period. Her tissue is not normal.

So if i get her an x bow ill have to load it for her

Which is fine. Told her where we can put a ground blind and hang out first week of Nov. Shes actually not a kid, is my youngest, and legally can buy booze

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad