No announcement yet.

Aches and pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The year we married my wife got all four wisdom teeth pulled on Christmas Eve day. She was changing jobs and it was covered under the one she was leaving, only day available was the day before Christmas. Go figure.

They gave her Tylenol w/ codeine which made her sick to her stomach. Not fun to say the least.

Worst Christmas she ever had was the first as my wife.

Comment

I think a lot of those dental procedures should be performed under a general anesthesia, but the dentists don't want to pay the premiums for anesthesia malpractice insurance.
      So we just offer up our suffering for the souls in purgatory.

Comment

I got all four wisdom teeth cut out at same time (impacted). But they knocked me out to do it.....iirc 18 or 19 yrs old.
        Was playing basketball later that day.
        Shooting trap a week later, last round, last bird, on the far right, I came off the 870 and got bashed. Spitting blood, opened the gun and placed it on the rack, walked to my dad's car.
        I was done.

Dry socket the result. Good times. Knot and kinda sore, for months after it closed up.

So now that I'm older and more wimpy, am babying it this time.

Comment

I was stationed in the Air Force at Lowery AFB in Denver, Colo in 1966. The Air Forve dentist took all of my wisdom teeth out at the same time. He had to break them in pieces to get them out. It is amusing now they tell you not to drink through a straw if you have a tooth pulle. I was instructed to eat soup through a straw for 2 weeks. My jaws were so sore I couldn't so anything else.

Comment

I missed all the fun of wisdom teeth, didn't have them. Not sure what that says about me. Our son has split the difference and has just two. Don't know yet how our daughter will make out.

Comment

All three got their's cut out. Insurance didn't cover sedation.
              So $1100 per. And braces on each for another 3K after insurance.
              Figure about 5 k per mouthy kid LOL.

My middle just said yesterday it was no big deal, minor for a couple days after and then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                All three got their's cut out. Insurance didn't cover sedation.
                So $1100 per. And braces on each for another 3K after insurance.
                Figure about 5 k per mouthy kid LOL.

My middle just said yesterday it was no big deal, minor for a couple days after and then fine.
                Daughter has braces now, the boy didn’t need them. Insurance covers about half. We got off cheap.

Comment

Shorty didnt go w the rest to relatives in the bif city for Black Friday shopping. Under the weather.....literally. Ive been borderline crash since 5 am. We both feel this storm moving in.

Used to hit me 24 to 48 hrs early so she didnt believe it. Middle kid sometimes. Me and shorty.....all the time. Bad when i was a kid. Better since turning 50, but sometimes i get whalloped.

May just sleep it off tomorrow. No migraine in several years. Something to be thankful for

Comment

LOL at least i know when i feel like crap the deer dont move. Barometer twinning

Comment

When I told my doctor that I was getting stiff in the joints, he advised me to stay our of those joints.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad