No announcement yet.

Aches and pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get benefitted from some massage as well.

Comment

I'm a chiropractor. One of my favorite cases, when I lived in New Orleans, was a life-long hunter whose back was trashed from self abuse at work but had scored a tag for a black bear hunt in the northeast he had wanted to do for years. I fixed him up, and he took a monster with a bow. He came in to show pics, and it was awesome: I definitely shared his joy. This boy was motivated: he would have crawled out to hunt if I wasn't able to help him.

Comment

I have something right now with a muscle that won't relax. Tried everything, including Chiropractor, everything works but the pain comes back in an hour or so. M.D. got me on prednisone and tizanidine and will have x-rays to rule out arthritis. Hope it gets resolved before gun season, it is my shooting shoulder.

Comment

Uncomfortable but tolerable. Sneaking around tougher when you can't bend LOL
          Spun my deer around to drag him and I was "nope".
          Back and elbow didn't hurt.
          There was nothing there.
          Zero strength.
          So I drove my Jeep back, through wall of sticker bushes and saplings, snaked through trees, and tied him to hitch (head up) and slowly drove to road where we loaded him on my bud's hitch haul (his Jeep nicer- so not ripping up of paint).
          I need to take something and go to bed.
          4 hrs sleep in two days.
          Think that wind Saturday really got me.
          Kids went to Starbucks yesterday after we ate, I sat in mom's Jeep. Bed Bath and Beyond nearby, went in while they waited in line, got some "little hotties" insoles.
          Tried them this morning, seemed to work.

Changed into dry wool socks when I got to spot.
          My feet cool when I get to stand, and they just get cooler as time goes.
          Today they were NOT cool when I got to my stand.
          I wasn't in stand long, but will see how they do when coyote hunting.

Comment

This spine arthritis really changes things.
            Thought I could work and hunt for another 10 yrs.
            The change just within this yr.
            Be done in five.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
              This spine arthritis really changes things.
              Thought I could work and hunt for another 10 yrs.
              The change just within this yr.
              Be done in five.
              When doctor checked my hip implant in 2018, they took xrays.
              He told me then that every spinal joint was loaded up with arthritis.
              Thanks doc! Like I don't have enough problems as it is! LOL!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	20.8 KB ID:	718240CD2 and Bubba - Sounds like you guys have a touch of lumbago.
                Rub down with Sloan's Liniment and you'll be as good as new.
                It works on horses.
                Since 1856.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 11-18-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Back feels fine when you get an infected tooth LOL

Comment

I have something right now with a muscle that won't relax. Tried everything, including Chiropractor, everything works but the pain comes back in an hour or so. M.D. got me on prednisone and tizanidine and will have x-rays to rule out arthritis. Hope it gets resolved before gun season, it is my shooting shoulder.

Dr. says X-ray shows some arthritis in my back and shoulder.

What is a good over the counter for pain that is easy on the stomach ??

Comment

Jimbo, the best I have found for me is Aleve, but many reports I have read, say it is very bad on your organs. I take it only very sparingly now, have found extra strength Tylenol, 2 tablets in the AM to give relief until late afternoon !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        Jimbo, the best I have found for me is Aleve, but many reports I have read, say it is very bad on your organs. I take it only very sparingly now, have found extra strength Tylenol, 2 tablets in the AM to give relief until late afternoon !
                        My Sister took NASID's like Aleve, probably too many, and wound up in the Hospital for three days and 3 units of blood transfusion. The NASIDS are very hard on the stomach and need to be taken with two glasses of water to prevent problems. I will probably just try aspirin and see how that does. Right now pain is low.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

My Sister took NASID's like Aleve, probably too many, and wound up in the Hospital for three days and 3 units of blood transfusion. The NASIDS are very hard on the stomach and need to be taken with two glasses of water to prevent problems. I will probably just try aspirin and see how that does. Right now pain is low.
                          My advice that you probably won't follow would be find a "GOOD" orthopedic surgeon.
                          Knowing "what" the problem is, to me, is a big step towards dealing with a solution.
                          You "can" refuse any surgical procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My advice that you probably won't follow would be find a "GOOD" orthopedic surgeon.
                            Knowing "what" the problem is, to me, is a big step towards dealing with a solution.
                            You "can" refuse any surgical procedures.
                            I used to work in Hospitals so I stay as far away from them as I can get. Surgery would be my last decision I make the day before the World ended, not my first.

Comment

Dr. says X-ray shows some arthritis in my back and shoulder.

What is a good over the counter for pain that is easy on the stomach ??
                              Advil is my general use pain reliever, mainly because it reduces inflammation. I'll do 400 to 800mg every 6 hours, not to exceed 3200mg per day.

Every now and again I strain a back muscle that causes it to contract and put pressure on my right sciatic nerve. The only relief is either through muscle relaxer drugs or by getting drunk. My special prescription:

Cruzan Confusion
                              (makes one)

1 oz Cruzan Mango Rum
                              1 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum
                              1 oz Pineapple Juice

Stir together in a chilled cocktail glass and serve.

Comment

I used to work in Hospitals so I stay as far away from them as I can get. Surgery would be my last decision I make the day before the World ended, not my first.
                                The new surgical method for dealing with compressed nerves in back is quite remarkable. My daughter's boyfriend had it done and it was a life changer for him. He was heavy equipment operator and we thought his career was done for. Healed up very well. The technique involves drilling out the nerve channels feeding through the vertebrate to spinal cord. Really worked out for him. He was back to work in surprisingly short time. A good doctor will be able to evaluate if it would be advantageous for you.

Incidentally, Tom is now working maintenance for railroad. Does a lot of repairing rail cars. Welding, etc. He's holding up well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad